Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Gaybod » Opinions » Cruising Thoughts, Tips and Suggestions. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mechanic
Username: Mechanic

Post Number: 117

Rating: 
Votes: 2 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, October 12, 2012 - 07:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Absolutely agree with Loneranger. Sites which were once fairly discrete locations for gay cruising have been taken over by groups with little discretion who proceed to advertise their activities on the internet which results in the arrival of even more equally indiscrete individuals and eventually ceases to be a gay area at all'

Loneranger
Username: Loneranger

Post Number: 12

Rating: 

Posted on Friday, October 12, 2012 - 03:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

agree with andyBB comments about the internet and being able to find all the cruising areas with maps etc. I wonder what the general feeling is about that? IMO I do not like it as it is open to all and in many cases some of the very good gay cruising areas have been taken over and monopolised by the "DOGGERS" There are at least four in suffolk / norfolk where this has happened

AndyBB
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 94.170.25.236

Rating: 

Posted on Monday, September 17, 2012 - 08:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I agree, Mechanic. My last BF was older and could remember a time before the Internet when it wasn't easy to find places if you didn't know the area. But now you can find just about every cruising ground online with descriptions on how to get there and what it's like. Most have maps on site, but a quick look on Google maps shows you where it is. So there's absolutely no excuse not to be able to find a place or not know where a cruising ground is. Usually the ones that say they couldn't find it never actually went and are just time wasters.

Mechanic
Username: Mechanic

Post Number: 110

Rating: 
Votes: 6 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2012 - 11:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In terms of cruising thoughts the most frustrating thing I find these days are messages from people saying 'how do I get there' or 'I looked today but couldn't find the place' - particularly when directions have probably been given in an earlier message, when map links may have been given in earlier messages and atlases are still printed!!

At times I wonder if these people do ever make it to their intended cruising area will they find their way home afterwards!

Carplaton
Username: Carplaton

Post Number: 2

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 06:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A line I frequently had was "Do you come here often?" It was he who usually asked and I'd say something like, "Oh, I just come here for a bit seeing who's coming and going. I sort of study it" and sometimes sociology came into it, but that's because it was Cambridge. Either "Which college?" or if not from a Cambridge College it would be "Oh, from the town. Now town life really interests me. You see a bit of real life. It's got a vibrant throb about it." Then "What sort of real life do you mean?"
"Well, places like this. It feels so alive, so active!"
Then I'd adjust my trousers as the bulge swelled, and open my legs a bit so that the sodium vapour light from one of the famous Four Lamps showed off its profile. Getting my tool to throb as I said this became a fine art, and if his hand made its way down there, it throbbed even more of its own accord. We were well under way...
The conversation carried its own momentum from there. Aye <sigh>, Those Were the Days!}

Bendy
Username: Bendy

Post Number: 118

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 05:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To Tomc,When cruising eye contact is the first thing to look out for.And smiling also,if you get both of these.Then IF you are happy with the situation have a chat with the guy.The weather i a often a good start.Watch the other guy's demeanor IE does his hand keep going near his crotch,or maybe he is looking at your crotch.

If you get these signals after a while,you can begin to change the topic of conversation(All depending upon what you are chatting about at that moment)You could say something like" i feel horny".

The conversation should then take its own course.
But only do this if you are comfortable,if not move on.

An other thing is you could watch and see how other guys meet and chat.
Just remember to be safe and discrete(no matter how horny you feel) and take any litter home with you.Good luck...
Do it until it hurts then do it some more.....

Tomc
Username: Tomc

Post Number: 7

Posted on Monday, June 04, 2012 - 10:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i would love to go cruising an meet horny guys i am top tho but dont no where to look or go even go about it any help e-mail me birmingham1987@hotmail.co.uk

Rebeldog
Username: Rebeldog

Post Number: 14

Rating: 

Posted on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 12:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

For Neil , re cruising etiquette, can only say play it by ear, usually I find if a guy has his cock out and makes a grab for mine then he could be after mutual fun, personally I'd be happier if they made a grab for me arse, as I prefer to service rather than be serviced or indulge in mutual fun .

If you want to advise beforehand often a quick mention that you are only after release might suffice, ok you run the risk of some guys walking away as they probably want either mutual or the same ie someone to sort them out., the more you cruise the easier it should become to get what you want.

Also re safe sex many prefer to only suck a guy whose cock is sheathed, some don't again sort out what path you want to take and make yourself aware of any health risks.
Soaps and reality shows have become the new opium of the masses.

whitton
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 2.26.213.215

Rating: 

Posted on Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 12:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i cruise 24/7! i never give up a chance always check out any cottage take down any number! smile at any guy lols most times i get nowt! then i strike gold av just ad two hot guys in a wk both married earls 30's so dont give up check out gents at stations supermarkets you name it av a look my best is numbers up on walls lols

Mikmal6
Username: Mikmal6

Post Number: 2

Posted on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 11:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I used to get pissed off at the lock of response on various groups that I set up (not necessarily gay),
then I realised that I also joined groups or forums and didn't sustain contact.
I decided it's just part of the process, not much different from not replying to messages or phone numbers on toilet walls, really.

So I now think of it as more like bingo or the lottery; randomness, potluck, chance, perseverence, but not allowing other people's indifference to determine my state of mind, and to be delighted if some one initiates or responds to contact.

I quite often send messages of appreciation to people who's images or profiles amuse or delight me, and to celebrate beauty. I usually say 'no reply needed' because it isn't, and I am charmed when someone says 'thanks' ...

I agree with Rigger, though, to offer someone a bit of advice or guidance takes little time or effort, but perhaps people who lack a sense of abundance are reluctant to share their secret places because competition is threatening?

Go well
Be well, Go well

Graywolf
Username: Graywolf

Post Number: 126

Rating: 

Posted on Sunday, November 20, 2011 - 03:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I agree Rigger, sadly my knowledge of most of the central London bars is out of date as rarely visit them these days, the odd times I have posted about visiting a certain area like Suffolk ( where I'm currently located ) have gone unanswered the one exception was a few months back when I had an email update from two nice guys re the Lowestoft area.

To pinch a thought from Mechanic and others of a similar ilk, the scene was better and more friendly years back when being illegal we had to communicate more with others to find out info and for our own safety.
You are a victim of the rules you live by.

Roly
Username: Roly

Post Number: 152

Rating: 

Posted on Saturday, November 19, 2011 - 09:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well said..........been there, done that, etc. I have responded to many enquiries in the passed but never get replies to say if things worked out.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK GUYS..STAY SAFE, TAKE CARE

Bendy
Username: Bendy

Post Number: 107

Rating: 

Posted on Sunday, September 04, 2011 - 08:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How do you use tech to meet other people.
I guess the internet is what most people use.
When i am cruising i use a cb radio.And if i pull up at a cruising site,I use my phones bluteooth.
And also a rear facing scrolling led message board.
So what tech do you use to meet others?
Do it until it hurts then do it some more.....

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration