Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Gaybod » Opinions » What do you think? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Zed
Username: Zed

Post Number: 13

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 01:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That was and is precisely my point, Rimmer. All that Mike says is true – which is why it ought not to happen, for the reasons you have outlined, upon which I have attempted to elaborate and to which I have added really only one point – what about the Administrator volunteers? They are too discrete, too kind (on those two, see Rigger’s latest open note to me ref. Alconbury lay-by), too modest and too useful to blow their own trumpet and defend their own ramparts. On that it was always clear that you and I were in complete agreement.

Your earlier comment showed nothing other than full support for Gaybod. We agree that-one-to-one dating (particularly with a view to a relationship of longer than an hour or so) is best done (if done at all) elsewhere. I had not intended to suggest you had a connection with the mobile app you (almost) mentioned, nor any other. I asked someone a little while ago how it (well, one very similar that this particular man used to meet a woman, anyway, he said it’s much the same) works and I found the whole idea off-putting, so it seems we agree on that, too. On Gaybod, we are polite enough to use pseudonyms and not photographs when we correspond. There is no swiping here, in either direction.
We agree that the Gaybod Moderators do excellent work. I just think the rest of us should remember that Moderators have a choice of how much work they do and indeed what they do, kind though it is of them to consult people like me who couldn’t help to run a web-site no matter how we tried.
Your tone sounds a little wounded. I really had meant to agree with you, not irritate you (nor Mike, nor Ukbear, for that matter).
Zed

Rimmer
Username: Rimmer

Post Number: 22

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 10:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Zed,
I had hoped my comment showed my full support for Gaybod and that the idea of one-to-one dating would be best done elsewhere. I have no connection with G****R and am certainly not recommending it or extolling their virtues (if any) In fact, I personally don't like the site.
I totally agree that the Moderators here on Gaybod do a sterling job and they would be overloaded with extra work should it become an ordinary dating site.

(Message edited by rimmer on February 11, 2017)
I can resist everything except temptation.

Zed
Username: Zed

Post Number: 11

Posted on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 01:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I agree with Ukbear’s correspondent Mike’s reasons but reach the opposite conclusion for the reasons set out by Rimmer.
Gaybod is unusual, if not unique. It is operated and used by those of similar mind and habits. It has no commercial interests and is not commercial in nature. Its administrators are unpaid.
There are many commercial “dating” sites, several advertisers of cruising areas, dogging locations, saunas and the like. They are inclusive of a wider range of persons than Gaybod. Some include comment from “users”, often unreliable, usually because of commercial motives. They are governed by commercial interests one way and another. They often capture the user against his (or her) wishes (“are you sure you want to navigate away from this page”) or his (or her) data. Some require photographs, never mind an e-mail address, and will not provide information without registration (id est surrender of data and identity for later commercial use, usually not benign).
Gaybod does not appear to do any of that and lacks the commercial incentive to do so. Its Administrators give up their time and skill to allow us to use Gaybod. Many of us are more “users” – in the sense that we get out far more than ever we could put in, we read more than we write, we couldn’t run the site without the Administrators’ time – than we are Members. Gaybod is very carefully moderated to exclude questionable material and images, too.
To turn Gaybod into a “dating” site would increase user numbers, as Mike says, thereby shifting the balance of views of what Gaybod is for and what it should do. It probably could be done in the way Mike suggests. Are they the sort of folk current users (and/or Members) want to talk to, or, more importantly, hear from? Gaybod seems to have far more viewers than contributors. Both benefit. You wouldn’t say that of many commercial sites.
To turn Gaybod into a “dating” site would alter its character beyond recognition. It seems likely to involve far more work for Administrators and Moderators than at present, besides the other disadvantages listed above. It would also make Gaybod marketable for commercial interests.
That may not be fair on Administrators. They must surely work hard for Gaybod in their spare time as it is, for they are not paid for Gaybod work. Perhaps they are paid for similar work on sites with which Mike proposes Gaybod should compete, currently does not appear to compete and fills its current function better than those sites could ever do. We ought not to be giving Administrators a choice between their professional (paid) work and voluntary work for Gaybod, whether as to their time or their loyalty. Their employers may have something to say about that and I am certain if I had the skills and time (and contributed them) of the Gaybod team, I would!
That is my point. These pipers are not paid. They ought to be allowed to call their own tunes. I am glad they seek the views of others, users, Members, Guests and so on. Ultimately, if those views include an invitation to yet more work, more time, changing the nature of what they’ve built up, competition with paid work, to compete unpaid in a professional world and the like then trouble lies ahead. The goose that lays golden eggs is fed with input by Guests, Members, Administrators but it’s the Administrators, it seems to me, that do some serious shit-shovelling behind the scenes as it is. It would be a pity if they felt over-burdened creating and moderating new threads and just walked away from all their hard work – or made it commercial.
I suspect I am one of many. I would feel I had lost something useful and of value if either of those things were to happen.
Zed

Rimmer

Post Number: 21

Rating: 

Posted on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 10:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Personally, I don't think that Gaybod is the place for lovey-dovey one2one adverts because I think that the vast majority of users on here and looking for sex. If love blossoms as a result of a meeting on here then all well and good.
There is a perfectly good and well known site G****R, that is free to use,(with limitations) that I think has lots of one2one requests.

Ukbear
Username: Ukbear

Post Number: 140

Posted on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 09:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am forwarding a message that one of our members sent me privately together with my reply.

Do you think that we should set up a thread for those who wish to explore a "one to one" relationship or do you feel that other sites would be more suitable?

"Hi UKbear, this is a message for the Gaybod Administrator.

I have been a Member for a number of years and increasingly wonder if Gaybod could include a thread specifically for guys who want a One-to-One Relationship. You cater for most other areas of gay need, even 'Met on the Internet' so why not provide this specific opportunity as well? Obviously contact could be through your PM service, so email addresses would be required. Locations could be basic areas of UK, as in the Sauna thread. You could stipulate the basic, true information which should be included in an advert, and of course give the usual warnings about meeting up in neutral places and the dangers, etc. that must always be borne in mind. You might find that Gaybod Membership would increase through offering this service.I would hope so.

I would like to congratulate you UKbear for your excellent photographic information and descriptions on saunas and cruising areas. I imagine the overall use of cruising areas, laybys etc. declining over time, becoming as rare as cottaging in UK. New generations are liberated from what they see as dodgy areas and places now, but there will always be a market for meeting up, and not everyone wants to frequent gay clubs and bars for doing so. Many guys want friendships / relationships / marriage, apart from one-off sexual encounters. Hence my suggestion. I would be pleased to hear what you think about this.

Kind regards to you and all at Gaybod,
Mike"

"Dear Mike

Thanks for your email, but I wonder whether "gaybod"is the right vehicle for your suggestion.

As you know, the site is more oriented towards sex rather than emotional encounters, that is not to say that a member might come across "romance"!"

Rimmer

Post Number: 17

Rating: 

Posted on Saturday, November 14, 2015 - 09:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just caught up with 'London Spy' on iplayer and thought it a great production. Romantic, intriguing, mystifying, dramatic with some fine acting. The short sex scene was beautifully filmed, tantalising, leaving the voyeur to decide who was doing what to who and in no way crude or vulgar.

Looking forward to watching the next episode. The scene in the attic above Alex's apartment reminded me of the Gareth Williams case in 2010. Williams a secret agent working for GCHQ and MI6 was found dead, locked in his own suitcase in his flat in Pimlico. An inquest ruled that the death was unlawful and probably criminally mediated but the good old Met said it was an accident!!!

re London Spy
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 176.35.127.233

Rating: 
Votes: 2 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, November 12, 2015 - 08:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Mechanic, try to watch it on BBC iplayer, it was good as a set up episode but some people thought it a bit slow. I personally didn't as it was establishing relationships, situations etc. I also didn't find it was filmed 'too dark' either I'd say 'atmospheric', perhaps it's the way I've got my TV set up but that's my reaction. The night time/attic scene had too be 'dimmer' as they were, wouldn't have made sense or been at realistic in full lighting. To bring the level of discussion down a bit, the short sex scene was IMHO well filmed, tantalising without being crude and the actor playing 'Alex' had the tightest, hardest, arse I've seen in ages, yum.

Interesting too that the TV watchdog has rejected the complaints saying it was after the watershed and they don't differentiate between what can be shown based on the gender of the characters, commonsense prevails for once! I'm intrigued enough to want to see how things develop, there's an 8 month gap in the story that's referred to that I hope we get to see filled in by flashbacks.

Nickup4it
Username: Nickup4it

Post Number: 72

Rating: 

Posted on Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 10:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

BBC2 - New drama series started 10 Nov 2015.

Hi Mechanic. I enjoyed it but my complaint was that the screening was so dark and at times difficult to see what was actually happening. This getting common with BBC recently as there have been complaints made via the points of View programme.

Mechanic
Username: Mechanic

Post Number: 202

Rating: 

Posted on Wednesday, November 11, 2015 - 09:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

BBC2 - New drama series started 10 Nov 2015.

A lot of complaints, and a lot of praise for a "steamy gay sex scene" in the New Drama "London Spy" which started on BBC2 last night (10/11/15)

Did you see it? What do you think?
I didn't see it personally - just the review hit the headlines.

Nicko
Username: Nicko

Post Number: 21

Rating: 

Posted on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 02:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rigger I'm sad but glad if it means your life has changed for the better OR if there is the opportunity to get even more cock. Your real life stories are the best thing on the site & I'd like to wish you all the best.

Bjman
Username: Bjman

Post Number: 23

Rating: 

Posted on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 02:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I can only repeat what the previous posters have said. From day one when I joined this site Rigger has always been there, with his his life's adventures, which I have read time and time again, and his help and good advices not only to me but to numerous others, especially when this site was in its heyday, He was always reliable and in some instances went out of his way to help someone. No Offence to all the other moderators but Rigger was the star of this show, and he will be sorely, sorely missed. A light has now dimmed on this site, and it will not be the same, I hope it will still continue, but its future does look bleak.
Mick I hope the circumstances you mentiones are not serious ones, and I truly will miss you, and I send you all Best Wishes for your future, Take care mate and be happy, J.

Swguy
Username: Swguy

Post Number: 1

Rating: 
Votes: 3 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, May 11, 2015 - 10:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The news that Rigger is standing down from his day to day involvement with the site is yet another blow. At a time where contributions have slowed down his posts and stories (even the re-posts) still made checking the site worthwhile.
A hard act to follow and I for one will miss his contributions. His stories and advice have been a constant from the very first time I visited the site and will leave a large gap.
Whatever the new chapter in life brings, Rigger I wish you the very best and can only echo you'll be sadly (and fondly) missed.

novocastrian
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 86.132.193.240

Rating: 

Posted on Monday, May 11, 2015 - 06:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I can only concur with the last post. RIGGER has been a pillar of strength on Gaybod and will be sadly missed. His life stories were so looked forward to as well as his advice when asked for it.
Can only wish him the best for his future activities
Good luck and God bless mate.

novo

RIGGER a very sad day
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 92.29.95.42

Rating: 

Posted on Monday, May 11, 2015 - 10:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have just read elsewhere on here that RIGGER is no longer able to continue. A VERY sad day. For me he has been a great help on a number of times. Best wishes in all you do Rigger.; You WILL be missed xxxxxxx

Mechanic

Post Number: 190

Posted on Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 10:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

True Master11 - and I have yet to meet anyone who was asked for their opinions before the changes were made.
Clearly those running the Site from Toronto consider they know better than those that live in the UK.
I am aware that they used to have Moderators in the UK but a long time ago did away with Worldwide Moderators and run the whole show from Canada.
Fortunately Gaybod is based in the UK and have their Regions sensibly arranged.

master11
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 86.178.102.33

Posted on Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 09:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The site that's everyone is talking about has suspended users that have complained to much, I have been given a warning!!
They now class the south west of England as from Swindon to Lands End! I have email them politely to ask to go back to how it was only to be told that it was what everyone in the UK wanted. I have now STOPPED my membership.
A Friend that they deleted his profile had just paid for a 12 membership could not get a Refund from them so now hes going though his credit card provider to get the refund!

Mechanic

Post Number: 189

Rating: 

Posted on Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 10:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

..and the Site you mention Loneranger now has every listing for Lincolnshire (East Midlands) under Yorkshire & Humberside and someone living there who has complained says he has been told he is wrong!!

Loneranger
Username: Loneranger

Post Number: 41

Posted on Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 09:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

at least this site is easy to use for those of us who are not computer literate. There is another well known one (S) which not having visited it for quite a while I have just done so. It is USELESS. One used to be able to select the county and get details for that area now it has changed. I wanted Suffolk and had to go into East of England and ended up with loads of places miles from Suffolk. Hence I will not return to it. will remain here from now on

Graywolf
Username: Graywolf

Post Number: 159

Rating: 

Posted on Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 02:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I agree that the site has in the past been erratic and many were lost during the time it went down, like others I mention the site to people the reactions are mixed , many want it seems instant gratification ! .

Likewise if I go away to some place different I try to visit the listed gay venues for that area, as I shall be doing in a few weeks .

If we could get others as UKbear suggests to write about their usual watering holes/clubs etc some more ' up to date ' content could be added to the pub/club scene where they live .

Although I for one am aware of the downside of people posting about various venues and/or cruising spots as not all people are careful about taking their litter home , I know it's not just some gays that do it, courting couples, doggers etc are as much if not more to blame sometimes for the amount of sex and general litter left behind, enuff about litter there have been enuff threads about it in the past on this site :-) .

Yes I agree with Bjmans comment Rigger is the stalwart of the site the rest of us are just the chorus line as it were.

Bjman
Username: Bjman

Post Number: 18

Rating: 

Posted on Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 12:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I agree with both Gaybod User and Riggers comments. When the site went down and was lost for months most people who used the site went and never came back. I re-registered and regularly view the site, and have done what was asked to tell friends about the site, but the feedback from them was 'it is not worth bothering with' as a lot of the time there were no new comments and despite the new software sometimes the site could not be viewed, so it seems there is a 'catch 22' situation. Although other moderators do a good job, I often feel that Rigger is the one guy that keeps this site going, with his tales and the replies he gives to other users questions and problems.

Rigger
Username: Rigger

Post Number: 33

Rating: 

Posted on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 05:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Gaybod User - you are absolutely correct about the historical problems which saw Gaybod disappear for several months as a result of a software failure which it was difficult to resolve as the Company supporting the software had ceased trading.
Fortunately our Webhost eventually tracked down a copy of the software and was able to rebuild the site and it continues to function.
As to the future - plans are in the pipeline for an upgrade on alternate software.

Thanks also Gaybod User for sticking with us and thanks for your appreciative comments - unlike a recent one on my Stories page. As the saying goes "you can please some people some of the time but not everyone all of the time"

Your preference to being a Guest is a facet of Gaybod not shared by many, if any other Sites where they demand registration and some personal details and a fee - £62 per year on one of the alternatives. We give a choice - be a Guest or be a Member and all for free.

Gaybod User
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 176.35.127.233

Rating: 

Posted on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 03:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My comment on this debate is that the frequent and prolonged crashes of the site damaged my, and no doubt many others, confidence in actually finding it "live" so I went elsewhere. I'm happy to see it is much less erratic now but when you've lost someone it's much harder to get them back.

I choose not to be a 'member' of Gaybod but I have contributed many times when I felt inclined or had something to add so please don't use the 'put up or shut up' argument against me. It's Rigger & his contributions I keep coming back for so thanks and keep up the good work mate.

Ukbear

Post Number: 78

Posted on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 02:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I agree with Rigger and not just as a fellow moderator. You get out of all these sites what you put into them.

Why don't you all write about your favourite spots and tell all your appropriate friends about the site? If we have more members then more are likely contribute and the more that are probably going to visit your favourite haunts

Another thing you should bear in mind, about the “alternate sites” offered on the net, is that they require the payment of membership fee to get anything out of them. No membership – all sorts of restrictions! Gaybod doesn't cost you a bean so do something to build it up!

Rigger

Post Number: 32

Rating: 

Posted on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 03:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

For Novo & Nick.
Have to agree - Gaybod has certainly been quiet for some time.
I personally do have a read on some similar sites and they likewise seem to be having less hits as well.
Reasons - hard to say overall but for me I see some sites catering for niche 'markets' and site Users becoming more and more 'extrovert' with tastes that only please a minority and the majority, with less 'extrovert' tastes feeling 'over-run' and no longer bothering to login.
Another site - no name but not UK based - has just reorganised its UK Regions and got quite a bit of it wrong - everything in Lincolnshire for example is now listed as Yorkshire & Humberside and despite being told they adamantly refuse to amend it - they, it seems, think they know better than those of us who live in the area!!
Such arrogance has lost them members I'm sure.

Gaybod is, in effect, member based. We don't have Staff to do research and don't 'advertise' and rely upon word-of-mouth to say we exist - so Guys, spread the word!!

Novo
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 81.129.162.208

Rating: 

Posted on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 02:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Think you are right Nick site been dead lately

Sad to see the decline after all work the Mods do
especially Rigger with his great tails.

If anyone knows of other sites please let us know.

Novo

Nickup4it

Post Number: 71

Rating: 

Posted on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 10:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is it my imagination or are sites such as this one becoming less and less popular as there are other ways (that I do not know about) for guys to make contact? Seems to be less postings than ever before.

Mechanic

Post Number: 187

Rating: 

Posted on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 12:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No response to enquires seems to be an issue on just about any website.
I login to three or four websites like Gaybod and have asked questions openly on their pages and by private message to members and replies are about once in ten.
I think it's part of modern culture - people demand help but give nothing back in return.

failure to reply
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 92.29.92.139

Rating: 

Posted on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 11:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I find it rather sad that these days so many FAIL to respond to replies they receive in response to their questions or requests for information. This has happened with me at least EIGHT times over past few months.

Graywolf
Username: Graywolf

Post Number: 158

Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 12:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes usually Winter people were on-line more.

Rigger

Post Number: 28

Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 04:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

KC - disappointingly you are correct - everyone does seem to have hibernated!

Just hope some will reappear as Spring approaches!!

Kcjones
Username: Kcjones

Post Number: 216

Rating: 

Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 02:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

where have all the guys gone off gaybod ??? no old faces with storys such a waste and hardly any updates! is there still a hole at clapham junction ? i posted it ages ago with the hope of new postings

Kcjones

Post Number: 214

Posted on Thursday, October 23, 2014 - 11:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ok m8 will do it would be a good idear if other guys did the same or am i in fantasy land lols

Rigger

Post Number: 2553

Posted on Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - 10:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you forward pics don't forget to include details of the location.

Kcjones

Post Number: 213

Posted on Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - 06:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ok ukbear next time iam out an about i will take my camera with me to any local cruising spots

Ukbear

Post Number: 43

Posted on Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - 09:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi there KC - If you or any other Gaybod Member wish to upload photos which you think could be of interest to other Members, please make sure that there is nothing of an explicit sexual nature and that any features (faces) are obscured as well as the number plates of any vehicles shown in the photos and we may decide to use them on the particular sites concerned.

This means that you have to be pretty proficient with PhotoShop or other similar software. The photos should be reduced in size to be no more than 320 x 240 pixels (QVGA).

If you would like to forward any photos for consideration, please send them to admin@gaybod.com

Rigger

Post Number: 2552

Posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - 04:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

KC - the "Pictures" page is to overcome a software issue which prevents the inclusion of a picture in a page header unless it is stored elsewhere in the same section.

You may also remember that a couple of years back the website collapsed and the failure was in part due to the posting of large pictures so the use of pictures has been monitored ever since.
The facility to include a small picture within a profile was recently restored - subject to guidelines.

Looking ahead however work is currently in progress to upgrade the website on new software with additional features so "watch this space" as the saying goes.
Rigger (Moderator)

Kcjones

Post Number: 212

Posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - 04:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

re photographs is such a good idear to locate saunas etc its a shame you cant have pics of cottages and other cruise spots

Rigger

Post Number: 2413

Rating: 

Posted on Friday, May 23, 2014 - 03:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We received an email from a Member who said he had tried to login to the "Cruising - Local Information" page but could only get the error message "Page not available"

Following the revamp the actual page "Cruising - Location Information" was removed so it is possible that he, and others, have Gaybod pages set as Favourites or Bookmarks and hence that Favourite/Bookmark is no longer available.

Where anyone has individual Gaybod pages set as Bookmarks it may be sensible to delete them and create new ones. Additionally some may be accessing from their 'history' folder and again clearing 'history' would help.

Start afresh is another alternative by using a different access route to the one you currently use. There are several:
www.gaybod.com and www.gaybod.co.uk and for those who prefer to save the page without the word 'gay' in it see:

http://boards.gaybod.com/cgi-bin/discus/show.pl?tpc=44035&post=314453#POST314453

Hope all that helps.

Cockrobin
Username: Cockrobin

Post Number: 131

Posted on Friday, May 23, 2014 - 11:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Give it time. Some take time to adapt to change.
Give it another month

Nickup4it

Post Number: 68

Rating: 

Posted on Friday, May 23, 2014 - 08:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

what are the views of guys about the almagamation of the rooms "Meet Men & Cruising Information"?
I was one who said it would be a good idea but since it happened there does not appear to be as many postings as when they were separate rooms?

Bigdickwstsx
Username: Bigdickwstsx

Post Number: 25

Rating: 

Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2014 - 08:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rigger, totally agree with your thoughts and outlook on modern life and attitudes. Such a shame that as we all travel around, 99% of the population have a mobile device glued to their ears, yet they obviously can't find that little shortcut prompt, that says "THANKS!"
HOWEVER FROM BITTER EXPERIENCE, on another well known site, if you put a comment that could be slightly controversial or non PC , they are all down on you like a ton of bricks. Strange World we now live in!! Thanks anyway.

Rigger

Post Number: 2409

Rating: 

Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2014 - 11:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I regret to say from my Moderator's experience that the willingness of Guys to respond to enquiries and to help each other does seem to be on the decline.
So often these days someone seeks advice or local information when they are perhaps visiting an area which they are not familiar with and there is absolutely no response.

I get emails asking for help with profiles or dealing with messages perhaps posted in haste and regretted in leisure and deal with them and send an email reply and often silence - no 'thank you' or 'thanks that's sorted it'
The opposite does happen however and the majority of those asking for help do have the decency to reply.
I've asked for help myself and not a single response and perhaps even more disappointing there have been times when I have seen requests and know the answer (having been to most corners of Britain over the years) but have sat back and thought - why the hell? no-one helps me so why should I bother to help them? I usually overcome the urge to ignore and do reply eventually and really would ask everyone who sees a request for help or advice about locations, or otherwise, to respond - it so helps if we help each other!

Mechanic

Post Number: 161

Rating: 

Posted on Monday, May 19, 2014 - 08:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Probably true Cockrobin.
No doubt the fact that someone noticed his preference for somewhere and that he obviously visited the place he paniced incase he suddenly met someone there that might just know him!
Said age 20 and also claimed a monster size cock - youth, exaggeration (or fantasy) as well as panic perhaps!

Cockrobin

Post Number: 130

Posted on Monday, May 19, 2014 - 07:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I can sum up this guy in one word...insecure
Sadly,there are many like him,I've discovered

Mechanic

Post Number: 160

Rating: 

Posted on Sunday, May 18, 2014 - 04:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently read a Cruiser's profile on a website and saw that one of their favourite cruising spots was somewhere I knew but hadn't visited and didn't even know it was a cruising spot so I mailed the Guy to ask him for some details - pointed out I wasn't after meeting him or anything - just interested to know a bit more about the spot.
I didn't get a reply but a few days later noted that the Guy had removed the place from his list of favourite places - and hadn't had the courtesy to answer my enquiry so I sent another polite email asking for some info. A couple of days later still no reply so I went to check the Guys profile and he had blocked my access!

Did I expect too much to ask another Guy to share some information or is he the sort of person who now frequents the Internet wanting everything but offering nothing in return?
Your thoughts.

Rigger

Post Number: 2217

Posted on Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 10:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

For Cruiserguy
See my comments (below) received some votes so must take it that others have sympathy with my comments and hope they are/were helpful for you.

Rigger

Post Number: 2216

Rating: 
Votes: 4 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, January 13, 2014 - 11:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

cruiserguy - as you say you have never seen the Guy get out of his van then consider (a) he may not be cruising and (b) if he is on the look-out and didn't get out when you arrived perhaps you didn't tick any of his boxes.
Play it calmly - check out his personality - if it is friendly and open or formal and businesslike for example. If he seems relaxed and friendly casually say you noted his number on his van when he pulled into $$$$$$$ layby where you were parked doing some paperwork/making a phonecall/having a sandwich - ie whatever seems realistic and see what sort of response you get and take if from there.
From experience I can say I have seen both sides of the coin - have made contact with someone who I saw out and about as you did and no result and also have had the reverse where someone tracked me down and were just that bit too obvious of their intent, definitely not my type in any way, shape or form, and continued to stalk me for some months despite being given an extremely polite but formal treatment.
For me it stopped when I move home but often wonder if he continued to walk passed my old address looking for me!!

cruiserguy
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 86.136.183.179

Posted on Monday, January 13, 2014 - 08:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not sure where to put this im after some advice.
Every now and then I go cruising, the place that i go to often has cars and van parked up. Theres often a hot guy in his double glazzing van, but he never get out. Today I took his number as I have a problem with 1 of my windows.
I call the number and a guy answered I told him the problem and he said his dad deals with all the problem and to call back in 20min which I did. Ive book an appointment with him to come out next monday.
Have you guys any advice how I should come on to him????????

AndyBB
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 94.170.25.236

Rating: 

Posted on Sunday, August 25, 2013 - 04:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There are also guys who have sex with guys who still consider themselves straight, the guys who like trannys. I used to dress on a daily basis so can speak with confidence. Not all are the same, but most didn't think of themselves as gay or even bi, even though they were having anal sex with a man. Who can figure some people and the labels they're comfortable with.

You just need to get out there. I didn't have sex straight away, I sucked lots and lots of cock at cruising grounds. But maybe cruising grounds are too much for you, saunas are a good bet but you need to go to one first. Even Gaydar would be good to maybe start chatting to a gay guy online, I've had lots of good encounters on that site.

But again you need to get out there, if all you do is talk about it it'll never happen. Maybe have a few drinks, or lots of drinks, whichever gets rid of your inhibitions. And then get fucked silly. ;)

Cockrobin

Post Number: 92

Rating: 

Posted on Sunday, August 25, 2013 - 08:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Curious,
You are coming across as one confused individual.
Nobody can live your life for you. Your destiny
lies in your own hands. It's all about decision
and self motivation. It's also all about attitude.
A question of mind. There's a big difference in the thoughts "I will" and "will I"
I suggest you use a sauna as a first step. It's a controlled environment and all there are of a like mind. If you don't know where there is a sauna in your area,then why not post a query in the 'saunas' section here on Gaybod? Alternatively,you could also go a 'google, or access a website like gay2z.co.uk
I wish you well,but until you start doing something positive with your life and be single minded about it,then you'll just go on as you are.
Good Luck!

Curiousbutwilling
Username: Curiousbutwilling

Post Number: 20

Posted on Saturday, August 24, 2013 - 11:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks. Part of me wishes I actually knew a gay guy to just go out, have a few beers and a laugh, and whatever happens, happens, ya know? Just to be relaxed and not feel anything has to, but if it does, then great. It's strange as I really want to try sucking cock and being fucked, and with guys that is seen as bi or gay, yet I know loads of girls who have fooled around or had sex with other girls, but they are considered straight and just having fun. I think I'm straight but fancy something different and some fun! Or just a good fucking!

AndyBB
Unregistered guest

Posted on Friday, August 23, 2013 - 05:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, gay bars are just like straight bars, people out to have a good time. But it would give you a feel of the scene. Saunas are great, like indoor cruising grounds. But choose a good one, some saunas can be pretty poor. Have a quick search for gay saunas near you. Etiquette is as Cockrobin says, trail and error. Make lots of eye contact and smile.

Cockrobin

Post Number: 91

Rating: 

Posted on Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 08:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Curious,
Gaybar hook-ups aren't all they're cracked up to be. It's a common fallacy to think
all guys in a gay bar are looking for sex.Not true. Some might be there just to be social. They could be in a relationship but just there on their own for the one time. My advice is don't go to a gay bar looking for sex. Remember 'straight' guys can also go into gay bars ignorant of their surroundings.
Trying it on with them could a BIG mistake.
As for sauna etiquette,it's the same rule,trial and error,experiment.But remember,NO means NO. If you make a pass at a bloke,and he rejects,accept it and try your luck with somebody else. You won't be knocked back all the time,depend on it(!)
In contrast,if some guy comes on to you,you have the same right of refusal. Let it happen only
if YOU want it to.

Curiousbutwilling

Post Number: 19

Posted on Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 05:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks AndyBB. I keep thinking of trying cruising, as there is an area close to me that is known. I'm just nervous and worried about being caught.
Aren't people in gaybars just out for a good time, rather than some amateur wanting to try something?! I have heard about saunas, though I wouldn't know where any are or what the etiquette is.

AndyBB
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 09:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Curiousbutwilling, I'm gay and I find it hard to have relationships with men, I just love sex. There is nothing wrong in just wanting sex, there are many out there who feel the same way.

You described a fantasy of going to a cruising ground and being fucked, I guarantee that if you did go to one none of the guys there would be thinking of a relationship and would just want sex, or at the very least a BJ. I love cruising grounds, no questions, no hang ups, just sex.

Easy way to think of tops and bottoms is tops love to fuck, bottoms love to be fucked. As Cockrobin said there is also vers who like both.

Just experiment, maybe try a gay bar first before going to a cruising ground. Or a sauna might be a good idea.

Cockrobin

Post Number: 89

Rating: 

Posted on Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 07:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There are straight guys who think exactly the same
about women. They want sex with them but not a relationship. It's called PROMISCIUTY. An example of promiscuity is called a 'One Night Stand' As long as the couple have safe sex,no problems should arise.
The real difficulties occur when they DON'T have safe sex...things like STIs,unwanted pregnancies,
alimony battles,paternity suits etc

Curiousbutwilling

Post Number: 18

Posted on Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 04:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, I could have sex with a guy, but I wouldn't ever have a relationship with one. I just don't view men in that way. So I don't think I'd be confused or unable to make a decision, it would just be about sex.

Cockrobin

Post Number: 88

Posted on Monday, August 12, 2013 - 11:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

CBW If you love women but also find gay sex a turn on then you are bisexual. You have a foot in both camps(!) No harm in being AC/DC but such people often find it hard to make decisions.

Curiousbutwilling

Post Number: 17

Posted on Monday, August 12, 2013 - 08:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks cockrobin. I kinda knew the first lot, I just meant is there anyone perhaps like myself, as most seem to know that they are gay. I think I'm straight as I love women, it's just gay sex turns me on, not particularly men in general. So I've no idea what title I come under!
The second part, cheers, I don't know anything bout those terms. Guess that makes me a bottom then!

Cockrobin

Post Number: 87

Posted on Monday, August 12, 2013 - 07:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Curiousbutwilling
I will try to answer your queries. Firstly you ask if everyone on this site is gay. I would say no. You get the curious ones(maybe like you?) who are not sure of their sexual ID. These are the ones who marry but are scared to show their true feelings for one reason or another. Eventually they cannot hide their real feelings resulting in the breakdown of the marriage. Then there are the bi guys who are aka AC/DCs they are the seesaws who don't want to commit to one gender. Then there are cross dressers which is a fetish. They were born male but get powerful urges to do female things like wear skirts,bra's,lipstick,perfume,etc
The final type are those called tranvestites and transsexuals. They are the step beyond cross dressing. These individuals feel convinced that they were born into the wrong gender so a man feels he should live life as a woman and a woman vice versa. Then there are the BDSM's who get their kicks from being whipped and tied up.
Your second question as to what is a 'top' and a
'bottom' They are also called 'active' and 'passive' The active or top is the guy who penetrates his partner's anus with his cock when barebacking or in the doggy sex position. Some guys prefer being active only,others prefer being
passive only while there are those who do both. They are known as 'versatile'
I hope this has lightened your darkness.

Curiousbutwilling

Post Number: 16

Posted on Monday, August 12, 2013 - 05:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all. I'd like a little advice, bare with me.
Firstly, is everybody gay on here, or are there some straight guys like myself who love the thought of gay sex? That perhaps, came on here and ended up trying it and their thoughts?
Also, I have been incredibly horny lately, and keep fantasising about going to a recreation ground near me, where at the back is a kind of hut, with toilets and changing rooms, and an area under cover, where I keep thinking about going down late at night, and being bent over by a couple of guys, and being fucked. Which makes me wonder, as much as I would like fucking, the thought of being fucked, turns me on a bit more. Is that what you refer to as a top or bottom??
Also, in the gay porn I watch, some guys lose their erections when being fucked, does that happen a lot??iI just love or more when a guy straddles a stiff cock, and his own is bouncing around to attention, like he loves it. Nothing better than seeing him spunk everywhere as the guy ejaculates in his arse!
Sorry to sound naive, but I am! Thanks. Many things posted on here soon have my cock in my hand!

Curiousbutwilling

Post Number: 15

Posted on Monday, August 12, 2013 - 04:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Engjock. Thanks, that sounds interesting. I too was horny once and was putting things in my arse, and came just from fucking myself, but I haven't managed it since! Not that I actually fuck my arse often. It was an amazing orgasm though so maybe I should try something like that.
Surely it must be possible to cum when being fucked then???
I've never done the real thing with a man and guess I'm trying to see if I like it enough to build up the courage. Thanks.

Engjock
Username: Engjock

Post Number: 8

Posted on Wednesday, July 17, 2013 - 04:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi CbW
I have a prostate massager which I like. It's the hard plastic type with a T handle at the end, one part of which presses between my balls and my arse. It's best used lying down and just by rocking my hips I can send great sensations through my body. Dependant on how horny I am feeling I can sometimes cum without using my hands. However, as Cckrobin says, quite often you can't beat the real thing, unless your partner's a crap shag!

Curiousbutwilling

Post Number: 13

Rating: 

Posted on Thursday, June 20, 2013 - 06:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cheers Andy BB, I'll check that out.

As I said, I was looking for users opinions. On an 'opinion' forum.

Cockrobin

Post Number: 74

Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2013 - 10:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

As I've already said,these so-called "aids"
are OK as a substitute but,in the long run,ain't nothing like the real thing. The shadow can
never compare to the substance(!)

AndyBB
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, June 17, 2013 - 07:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not used any myself but I've heard Fleshlight do a good range of blow job toys.

Mechanic

Post Number: 133

Rating: 

Posted on Monday, June 17, 2013 - 09:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A fair point from "Curiousbutwilling" - he wants Users' opinions.
I can see where he is coming from - if I'm looking for a Hotel for example, I read the Visitors' Opinions as a guideline and compare them with what the Hotel's own website tells me - much the same with other purchases for the Home.

Curiousbutwilling

Post Number: 12

Rating: 

Posted on Monday, June 17, 2013 - 08:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Because I'm on a forum that discusses people's opinions on subjects, and google will tell me what ever the company selling the product wants me to hear. Hence I've come on a site to get an opinion from others and perhaps the more experienced.
Apologies if that annoys, maybe I've got this site all wrong.

Cockrobin

Post Number: 72

Posted on Sunday, June 16, 2013 - 10:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Curiousbutwilling
Why don't you do a Google search and see what comes up ? Personally,I've never been a fan of
these so-called "sex aids" They just don't compare to the real thing(!)

Curiousbutwilling

Post Number: 11

Posted on Sunday, June 16, 2013 - 08:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sex toys.
Can anyone recommend good sex toys for men, either anal or for the cock? A good blow job device would be good! If you know any that are worth the money, please message me or post on here.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration