Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Gaybod » Opinions » H.I.V. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Cockrobin
Username: Cockrobin

Post Number: 129

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, April 26, 2014 - 09:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I can put it even stronger :-

WATCH WHO THE FUCK YOU FUCK WITH
(And always use a condom)

Mechanic
Username: Mechanic

Post Number: 156

Rating: 

Posted on Saturday, April 26, 2014 - 04:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If in doubt - keep out.
Applies in all walks of life.

Engjock
Username: Engjock

Post Number: 33

Rating: 
Votes: 2 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, April 26, 2014 - 04:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi guys
Not too sure if this should go under 'What Do You Think' or here. However, I was recently at the A59 lay-by and met a nice guy with nice body and nice cock (I know, it's very shallow of me but who definitely knew how to turn me on. We indulged in a lot of foreplay, kissing, nipple play, wanking, sucking etc. until I was practically begging for him to fuck me. He was definitely up for it, but when I asked him if he had any condoms, he said that he never bothered to carry any and always relied on the other guy to provide protection. For some reason this really pissed me off - probably his attitude of 'I've got a good body and so you should be grateful to me' - and lost my urge to be fucked.
He asked if I had any condoms and lube and I said 'Yes', so he said, 'What's the problem, then?' I told him why, particularly as Yorkshire MESMAC has the slogan 'It's Up To Me', zipped up and went back to my car and then ultimately home to a lonely wank.
Was I right, or did I do myself out of what promised to be a good fuck?

(Message edited by engjock on April 26, 2014)

Rigger
Username: Rigger

Post Number: 1948

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, May 20, 2013 - 11:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you are concerned and live in Suffolk the Terence Higgins Trust (Suffolk) have walk-in sessions for HIV testing.

See page header at: http://boards.gaybod.com/discus/messages/1383/41159.html?1369046057

Rigger

Post Number: 1784

Rating: 

Posted on Friday, February 01, 2013 - 09:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A report out today says HIV levels in Gay and Bi-Sexual men refuses to fall despite better diagnosis and treatment.

See: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-21277450

therover
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 95.150.79.96

Rating: 
Votes: 5 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, August 26, 2010 - 12:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Regardless of whether HIV is on the increase, decrease or staying at a level either in the gay or heterosexual communities, it is still staggering to see the number of instances where unprotected sex is still portrayed as the norm. While, to paraphrase Voltaire, I might disapprove with how you have sex, but will defend your right to do so, one only has to look at sites such as Gaydar to see individuals' interpretation of what safer sex means in the 'Safer Sex' section. People tick the 'Always' box and then post a picture or a video of - supposedly - them having bare back sex. Many gay saunas show a disproportionate amount of bare-back videos and these are places where bi-guys/young guys go to either have sex for the first time or to have sex with a guy in the knowledge that they are safe from being outed or caught by the police. What type of example is being set? I've also seen it in cruising spots, where guys for whatever reason have hurried, unprotected sexual encounters. As I said I am not judgemental, but prefer to try and keep myself as safe as possible. Come on guys, there's enough info out there and yes, while there are drugs that can either immediately reduce the risk - PEPs - or to help you live a longer life if you are HIV+, do you really want to spend the rest of your life pumping chemicals into your body all because of one rash encounter? Let's each do our bit to try and reduce the spread of this modern plague. That's it, rant over, and so having paraphrased the great philosopher I'll finish with two proper Voltaire quotes: 'Men will always be mad and those who think that they can cure them are the maddest of all.' and, having blown off steam, 'The great consolation in life is to say what one thinks.'

4 smellingcoffee
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 195.93.21.39

Rating: 

Posted on Thursday, June 17, 2010 - 09:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A friend of mine works is a sexual health clinic and and I printed your posting and showed it to him. he tells me that the records at his clinic show that there is a slight steady rise in HIV+ hetrosexuals as opposed to gay. it is felt that this is due to the large number of hetrosexual men now indulging in gay sex and not being fully aware of the facts. in one case when a guy was diagnosed + he told the Dr it was not possible as he was not gay and HIV was something gays contracted and NOT straight guys???????????????

Appalled by Smellingcoffee
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 62.3.206.17

Rating: 

Posted on Wednesday, June 16, 2010 - 01:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rarely have I seen such an ignorant and ill informed comment on Gaybod as that by 'Smellingcoffee' and while I wouldn't want to stifle debate, I'm a bit surprised it was passed by the moderator. There are still a number of people living with HIV who were infected before the risk was known (sorry mate not everybody died in the first wave) and, while some undoubtedly may have themselves to blame, most have been affected through ignorance rather than risk taking.

The section is for 'Opinions' and as such the comment by 'Smellingcoffee' is his 'Opinion'.
As some great Statesman (believe Votaire) once said 'I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it?' and on that basis it was permitted.
More recent comments and statistics have perhaps put the debate back into reality and we would wish that subsequent debate will be on the topic and not personal remarks concerning individuals who do state their point of view. (Moderator)

(Message edited by modm on June 16, 2010)

Current data
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 86.128.45.135

Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 07:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Contrary to comment about HIV infection growing at a staggering rate the World Health Organisation seems to report otherwise as below:

Geneva / Shanghai, 24 November 2009 According to new data in the 2009 AIDS epidemic update, new HIV infections have been reduced by 17% over the past eight years. Since 2001, when the United Nations Declaration of Commitment on HIV/AIDS was signed, the number of new infections in sub-Saharan Africa is approximately 15% lower, which is about 400,000 fewer infections in 2008. In East Asia new HIV infections declined by nearly 25% and in South and South East Asia by 10% in the same time period. In Eastern Europe, after a dramatic increase in new infections among injecting drug users, the epidemic has leveled off considerably.

For the UK read this item.
Interesting to note that in 1999 heterosexual infections exceeded male to male infections.

http://www.avert.org/uk-statistics.htm

Mechanic
Username: Mechanic

Post Number: 52

Rating: 

Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 07:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's perhaps important to remember that HIV is not always as a result of unprotected SEXUAL activity which has been well publicised as a danger, but that it can have been contracted from drug abuse - again perhaps something avoidable, and there have been cases of people receiving medical/dental treatment from HIV infected people, those affected because they received contaminated blood transfusions and of course in more recent times those infected at birth because of the lifestyle of their parent(s) ..so, whilst the previous writer seems to refer to only one group of infected individuals, there are several groups and any change of funding will have an effect not just on those who may have become HIV because of a lack of personal care, but also upon those who are the innocent victims of HIV.
Excessive alcohol causes many conditions which require medical treatment: again excessive drinking is 'avoidable', is a 'self-inflicted condition' if you like so should funding withdrawn for the treatment of alcoholics as well. There could be an endless list of circumstances where the NHS has to fund treatment for 'self inflicted' conditions - rock climbing, mountaineering, caving to mention just three so in the circumstances it's the whole culture of NHS funding which needs a review and anything less, which just looks at one area of funding, whatever that areas is, is discriminatory to say the least.

Smellingcoffee
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 82.44.85.5

Rating: 

Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 05:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

At the risk of being seen as a heartless right-wing loony, perhaps if those people who write to their MPs as a result of this ALSO had driven behavioural changes in those who have caught HIV as a self inflicted wound through their own carelessness - and God knows there are enough of those on this site - then they wouldn't need/want this support in the first place.

Economics is a numbers game, and the rate of HIV infections has been growing at a staggering rate for a long time within two populations of the UK - Africans and gay men. There is no excuse, we have had full possession of the facts for a long time - so to ask the unaskable - why should the state fund this? Better get used to this, because the numbers and costs are huge, and in this economic climate any and every government will look to cut costs.

Rigger

Post Number: 582

Posted on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 01:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We have been emailed by a reader pointing out recent changes to the funding of HIV care in the community. Their message reads as follows:

I have just discovered this article (hereunder) and wonder if you are interested it letting Guys know about this and possibly suggest that they write to both Eric Pickles MP and Paul Burstow MP expressing their concerns. I have friends that are HIV+ and are most concerned by this.

A decision by Communities Secretary Eric Pickles to end ring-fencing of the AIDS Support Grant means an uncertain future for HIV social care services, the National Aids Trust (NAT) said today.
Mr Pickles made the surprise announcement that the grant will no longer be protected in the current financial years was made in a written ministerial statement on June 10.
The grant, introduced in 1989, plays a crucial role in ensuring local authorities have the resources need to provide vital social care support for people living with HIV.
Last year NAT (National AIDS Trust) conducted an independent review of the grant which found it to be an important source of social care funding for HIV.

The review showed that services, including counselling, peer support, staff training, support for carers and respite care, may not continue if the grant was no longer ring-fenced.
Deborah Jack, Chief Executive of NAT, said: "I am very concerned by the announcement that the ring-fence will be removed from the AIDS Support Grant during this financial year.
"Until now the ring-fence has ensured local investment in social care services for people living with HIV whose needs might otherwise be ignored due to the stigma and discrimination which still exists in our society.
"Many local HIV organisations rely on money from the AIDS Support Grant to carry out their vital services.
"We are urgently seeking assurances from the Government that steps will be taken to ensure local authorities continue to meet the social care needs of people living with HIV."
As well as requesting an urgent meeting with Mr Pickles, NAT has written to Paul Burstow MP, the new Minister for State for Social Care Services, setting out the need to continue to protect funding for social care needs of people living with HIV after 2011.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration