Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Gaybod » Opinions » Life style. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rimmer
Username: Rimmer

Post Number: 28

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 09:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

John W. You mentioned the Coleherne Pub, brought back very fond and exciting memories.
I used to do the Coleherne about 5 nights a week in the early 70s. I'd be in my early 20s then. It would be packed by about 9pm often standing shoulder to shoulder. Having been groped endlessly all evening in the crowded leather bar I was always up for some fun by 'chucking out time' (10:30pm week nights 11PM Saturdays) So out onto the 'Meat Rack' (Wharfedale Street) at the back of the pub to cruise and get pick up.
Very often the cops were waiting outside the pub to herd us round and round the block. They could not arrest us if we kept walking.(loitering with intent) After about half an hour or so the cops would get fed up and drift off for more important duties. They tolerated us and we tolerated them. Often they were quite friendly and we would exchange banter. Obviously they knew exactly what we were up to.
Once we'd paired up and you'd done your dirty deed down the cemetery or in the Catacombs or been picked up by a stranger cruising around in a taxi it would be back on the 'meat rack' for your next bit of trade.
I can resist everything except temptation.

Ted_gay
Username: Ted_gay

Post Number: 194

Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 11:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's a state of mind I guess if you think of meeting up with someone you end up moving in with as a life-partner as 'dating'. Certainly there were no agencies or TV programs to arrange 'dates' for gay men and women. Most gay sex was anonymous and furtive because of the danger of arrest, even after the 1967 Act (unless you already lived together with nobody else overnight on the premises, that was still illegal.) So if you got on with someone you learnt their name often after you'd already had sex and met them again, maybe for sex maybe not (usually it was, if you had somewhere to go that was suitable.) Then you might move in together. The idea of arranging 'dates' with various would-be suitors never occurred to us, nor was it really possible. It would probably, even after 1967, have been construed by the police as 'importuning for an immoral purpose'. Who was to say your 'date' was not a 'pretty policeman' in plain clothes looking for an easy arrest?

John W
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 86.14.147.198

Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 07:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ted Gay, I am eight years older than you. You're right, in our day we didn't "date". In my case, I was introduced to my long-term partner (now my civil partner) by a mutual acquaintance at the Coleherne pub in Earl's Court one Saturday in 1968. We met again a week later at the same place, and talked for hours after the pub closed: then I drove him back to where he was living. We arranged to meet again a few days later ("dating"?). Within three weeks he had moved in with me, and we have lived together ever since. I reckon we were very lucky to find one another and to have had such a happy life together.

Ted_gay
Advanced Member

Post Number: 193

Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 01:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was at a gay friend's house and he was watching a program called 'First Dates'. This included gay and straight people, who now all apparently 'date'. I said: 'What is a date?' Realizing neither I nor any of my generation of gays ever 'dated', it was something heterosexuals do, part of their strange rituals like marriage. We met, often in places like cottages, cruising grounds, cinemas, later in backrooms (when they weren't raided), had sex (sometimes just a hand-job - all you could really do in that cinema really), and if you were lucky, very lucky, you might meet again, even start a relationship. I met my long-term partners in the Biograph cinema, we certainly never 'dated', we wanked each other off on that first occasion, I lived with one about a year, the other 21 years till he passed away. Another gay couple I know who've been together 48 years met in a cottage. Nobody 'dated'. This is, like gay marriage, some new fangled thing gays are doing. My friend said he had 'dated' and I had to ask him what this meant - apparently going to dinner with a complete stranger and not having sex immediately. He said my description of how gays met gave us a bad name, but that's how it always was. My partner and I (I refuse to use the term 'husband') would have never tried to ape heterosexual marriage, but we would certainly have had a civil partnership to give us recognition as a couple and equal rights. But 'dating'? This is an entirely new concept for me, and at 72 I'm not about to try it. In my day it was not 'dating' but 'cottaging'! After that first meeting (and mutual wanking) with my long-term partner we went for a drink and arranged to meet again, but we never thought of it as 'dating'. Presumably that comes before one has had sex with the other person? Very strange behavior! Then I suppose my long-term partner and I did have a 'dating' period, though we never called it that. The second time I met him, I believe, I gave him a box of chocolates, and we kissed behind a bush somewhere in Victoria. He'd come over to my mother's flat and make ice cream, we'd watch TV, etc. But then we'd had sex, of a sort, the first time we met. Before we knew each other's names even. But yes, we used to meet, go to the cinema (not the Biograph) to see films etc. for a few months before he moved in with me. I never realized we were 'dating', but I guess we were.

(Message edited by Ted Gay on November 07, 2017)

GEORGE MICHAEL HAS DIED AGED 53 The ex-Wham! singer and musical icon
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 92.29.94.111

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 11:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A VERY SAD DAY:-
GEORGE MICHAEL HAS DIED AGED 53

The ex-Wham! singer and musical icon "passed away peacefully at home" on Christmas Day. AGED 53

(Message edited by admin on December 27, 2016)

Engjock
Username: Engjock

Post Number: 45

Rating: 
Votes: 2 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 07:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No, really! Golly gosh, I never realised, Hornymike. I'm glad that you put me right.
Thankyou.

Hornymike
Username: Hornymike

Post Number: 199

Rating: 

Posted on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 11:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

DUHH I believe reading the article it has nothing to do with sex its sauna period!

Engjock

Post Number: 44

Rating: 
Votes: 4 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 06:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Interesting reading, Nw6bear. I'm not sure, though, whether that applies to gay saunas on the basis that the more times a gay guy goes, the more likelihood he is to engage in sexual activities and therefore the greater the possibility there is in picking up a STD and therefore the shorter his potential lifespan. However, perhaps there are gay guys who visit gay saunas just for the health benefits. Maybe it's just me who has mistaken the purpose of these places and that the small rooms with padded benches and the slings and the strange chairs with holes in them are just for relaxation purposes. If so, will somebody please tell me what those cubicles are for that have holes in the walls...

Nw6bear
Username: Nw6bear

Post Number: 29

Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 10:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sauna Goers May Live Longer

Interesting article ?

sauna-goers-may-live-longer

Engjock

Post Number: 35

Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2014 - 05:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Andy BB & leatherpantsman.
For me it's not so much the wearing of jockstraps, although they are a big turn-on, but the look of surprise/pleasure on a guy's face when he has unbuckled and unzipped my trousers and then slides his hands round to fel what he assumes is a cotton covered arse only to find bare flesh and, quite often, a ready-lubed hole to plunge a finger in.
Just recently at the A59 lay-by I was giving a blow-job to a guy, standing up but bent over. He suddenly discovered my jock. His cock went from half-hard to rigid almost immediately and in just the time it took to get a condom out of its foil wrapper, was fucking me very enthusiasticaly. Although he didn't last for long it was just what I needed at the time. He said afterwards that my jockstrap had added to his enthusiasm. As you say, Andy BB, there's nothing wrong with fetishes so long as both parties like them and agree to them.

leatherpantsman
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 90.244.29.56

Rating: 

Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - 03:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, AndyBB, I have a horny sexual fetish about risky sex in public toilets. There is the risk and danger of being caught, reinforced by the risk of unsafe sex, plus the pervy eroticsm of doing it in leather trousers, all of which combine to trigger an adrenaline rush which merely fuels the turn on to go ahead and 'do it' even more.

Last week I blew a suited guy in a cubicle of a public toilet. Throughout the whole time I was in there all I could think about was the possibility of being caught, but it didn't scare me one bit. I just felt quite relaxed and totally turned on and aroused by the situation. In fact it felt so horny, and I felt so excited, that inwardly I was actually willing and hoping for 'the unthinkable' ( the knock on the cubicle door) to happen and that merely fueled the turn on and the urge to behave in such a risky manner even more.

Wearing my leatherpants and fueled by high strength poppers in the cubicle with the suited guy, I almost felt like I was invincible and couldn't be caught, but deep down I knew this wasn't the case, which, in the heat of the moment madness, merely excerbated my total loss of sexual self control even further.

When I keep on taking big risks like this but not getting caught, I end up raising the bar and taking even bigger risks next time. At some point I will probably push my luck too far and will have to deal with the consequences, but the not knowing what this will be or at what point that threshold will be crossed leaves you on horny tenterhooks each time.

AndyBB
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 82.43.139.169

Rating: 

Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2014 - 10:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Engjock, yes i think meeting guys in public places is a fetish. I know it can be dangerous and sexually unsafe but i still can't help myself. Loving underwear is defo a fetish. Nothing wrong with having fetishes, i think everyone has a fetish to some degree.

Cockrobin
Username: Cockrobin

Post Number: 121

Rating: 

Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 07:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Engjock,I respond to your post with my favourite saying.....If it feels good,DO IT

Engjock

Post Number: 24

Rating: 

Posted on Friday, February 21, 2014 - 01:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi guys
I'd be interested in your opinions , please.
A visit to a public toilet today (for natural means and with no ulterior motive) turned into an interesting experience. There was one other guy in there and, as I usually do, I had a quick check to see if he was there for any other reason than having a leak. He didn't seem to be, but, having unzipped and unbuttoned my jeans I was suddenly aware that he was looking, not at my cock, but at the top of my jockstrap which was visible. Deciding to test him to see if he was interested I 'accidentally' let my jeans drop a bit further so he could see more of my naked arse. Yes he was, judging by the look on his face. One thing led to another and we managed to have a quick wank. He did have a nice cock which I would have liked to explore further but as it was a city centre toilet and lots of people were around discretion overuled desire.
After we had cleaned up and zipped up we went outside. I asked if he had enjoyed it and he said, 'Yes'. He also said that he was not gay, but what turned him on was the sight of my jockstrap. He had not seen one since he was at school and could remember being fascinated by the guys who wore them for rugby. However he had completely forgotten about them until our encounter. This got me thinking, particularly as I had just got this month's edition of Gay Times where they have published the results of their 2014 Sex Survey. Under the 'fetish' section, apparently 2 out of 3 gay guys admitted to liking sex in public and underwear.
My questions are:
1) Is liking sex in public a fetish?
2) Is liking underwear (and in my case and this guy's case, jockstraps in particular) also a fetish?
3) If so does that make me a fetishist because I like both?
Over to you, folks.

Cockrobin

Post Number: 106

Rating: 

Posted on Monday, December 16, 2013 - 11:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ted, the Italians have a saying,
"Believe nothing that you hear and
only half of what you see" I've found it
to be very good advice.

Rigger
Username: Rigger

Post Number: 2171

Posted on Monday, December 16, 2013 - 11:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To Ted-gay
I have emailed you (using the address in your profile) asking your for help concerning the problem you have experienced.
If you cannot find my email in your inbox please check the spam/trash box as sometimes mail ends up their.

Ted - see your message has gone so assume what I suggested in my email has worked for you as did not have an email back from you.
(Rigger)

(Message edited by rigger on December 18, 2013)

Ted_gay

Post Number: 167

Rating: 
Votes: 3 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, October 22, 2013 - 11:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Agree with you Joey. Being 'out' has many advantages, and I've met several on the rockin' scene. Some couldn't go thru with it due to their own inhibitions, but I've had so many advances and some have gone all the way or at least most of the way. The nearest thing I have to a boyfriend, we love each other but he's married with a daughter and lives far away, is coming up to stay with me this weekend. I met him on the straight rockin' scene, he was a Ted (Teddy boy) rocker like me. Still is in the music he likes. I have much more in common with guys on the rockin' scene, especially if they are gay or bi, than with most guys on the gay scene. Oh, a French guy I met somewhere used to get turned on by putting grease on my hair and combing it in the style of Cavan Grogan of Crazy Cavan & The Rhythm Rockers (course that was back in the day when Cavan had enough hair to comb back!)

joeywest london
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 2.26.221.163

Rating: 

Posted on Tuesday, October 22, 2013 - 04:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i dont get this thing about the gay scene? i have met any boy friend or sex m8 on the normal scene, as i dont fancy stereo types gay guys fems or queens i have never gone to gay clubs or pubs iam very open about my sexuality to work m8s and friends so ive met guys that way and yes ive cruised when extra randy but who wants to live in a gay bubble ??? not me for one

Loneranger
Username: Loneranger

Post Number: 30

Rating: 
Votes: 4 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, October 22, 2013 - 10:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

part of the posting from tug6781101 reads "Sure, my partner and i are happy as we have each other but then there are those times when you just want those friends to talk to, not to burden them with your worries but just to have that different perspective on things, it would be an outlet for them too"
-------------------------------------------------
agree with you. there are times when we ALL need someone to chat to be it for light relief and a laugh or for advice. I was recently invited by a friend to go with him to his friends "Gay birthday party". What a bore. There were 23 guys there and 4 of them stood around on their own and looked at the rest of us as if we were something the cat had dragged in and spat on the mat. I noticed one guy try to be friendly and chat and both time the guys he spoke to either turned their back or walked away. I only stayed for around 90 minutes and NOT ONCE did I see those guys smile or show any signs of friendlines they appeared to be there only for the booze as they were constantly refilling their glasses.
--------------------------------------------------

Ted_gay

Post Number: 166

Rating: 

Posted on Monday, October 21, 2013 - 09:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm glad I started this thread. Apart from one response which just proved the point I made in the first posting, we've had some interesting, and often sad, posts.

The thing is none of us can stay young and pretty forever in this world. If we live long enough we'll grow old, and lose some of our youthful physical features. Some of us will be lucky enough to have found life-partners, but some of us won't and others will be widowed (whether or not they had an opportunity for gay marriage or civil partnerships, they will in fact be widowed like myself.)

The reason I don't go on Gay Pride marches anymore, apart from the exhibitionism of a few and the shouting of obscene slogans meant to shock the general public, is because feel I don't belong. In fact my partner and I stopped going because of the obscenities shouted and changes which we found difficult to accept, not part of the gay lifestyle we knew. That was over 22 years ago.

Where are the gay support groups for lonely gays, older ones, the disabled gays, the widowed, etc.? This year Pride was all about 'love and marriage', but was there sections for those of us on our own, perhaps widowed?

In the AIDS crisis of the 1980s there was a 'buddy system'. Where is the equivalent now? Where are the Care Homes for elderly gays? Where are the support networks for those on their own at home, perhaps elderly or disabled? I could cope with a straight Care Home if it ever came to that as I've mixed with straights as well as gays, but a friend of mine ended up in a straight Care Home and couldn't cope with it. Stayed in his room all the time. He'd rarely mixed with straights, except at work, and even there they all accepted him for what he was. He couldn't really cope with elderly straights who'd barely heard of gays.

The gay scene needs to get its act together and make all LGBT people feel wanted whatever their age, their disabilities, their fashions in music, clothes, hairstyles, etc.

Graywolf
Username: Graywolf

Post Number: 118

Rating: 

Posted on Monday, October 21, 2013 - 08:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tug6781101.

Thanks for a very well written account of the shallowness of the gay ? scene as it is today and has been in the opinion of my partner and myself for a few decades.

We gave up on various venues and interest groups due to an influx of ' bright young pretty things ' ( many of whom in my opinion reeked of colognes obviously purchased for the name and not to attract ) the wonderful power of advertising and the commercialisation of the gay scene, or the harnessing of the ' pink pound '.

Of the 7 examples you list we both agree with your thoughts on them, maybe we are just looking back with rose tinted specs but years ago people did care more the scene was smaller, even the early Pride marches had more of a togetherness than the shambolic displays at some prides we have attended in recent years.

Typing out bitterness, no just telling it like it is, there is a post by someone in another section of this board who being in their early 70's told of his experience at a gay sauna in East Anglia, pure ageism and crass bad manners came to mind.

Well that's my rant over thanks Tug whoever you are.

(Message edited by graywolf on October 21, 2013)
Me,myself and aye .

tug6781101
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 82.30.245.218

Rating: 

Posted on Monday, October 21, 2013 - 05:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm come to a conclusion (ok i came across a bar of chocolate first and ate that and then the conclusion) that to be now accepted in the gay community you must:
1 Have an iphone(other phones are available)
2 Drive a 4x4 and either the rougher or the more expensive the better.
3 Play computer games and be an expert.
4 Ride a motorbike (must be for the leathers) *shrugs shoulders
5 Be an avid user of a social networking site, i refuse to name it but we all know the one.
6 Have a turn style as your bedroom door as you must be shagging at least 2 guys a day to be popular.
7 Not give a toss about anyone else but yourself.

These things i feel are what you need to be even slightly included within the gay scene these days. Number 1 on the list i've felt the wrath of by telling a 'friend' that i didn't feel the iphone was my kind of phone, he stopped talking to me, Number 2 i had a guy ask if i had a 4x4 as they turned him on! Numbers 3 and 4, well maybe one day, especially the bike. Number 5, well i have a life and can't be bothered with telling the world i've bought broccoli and i Like it. As for 6 and 7 well i have that someone special. Even my other half stopped with the gay sites as all people wanted to know is if he would either go down to London or visit them in their home country for a shag.

We've attended several events in the past but have been made to feel as welcome as a nun in a whore house. All the time the Mr Popular types having people fawning over them, if they are so brilliant why are they usually single? Seeing the way they were treating others was beyond disgusting. Needless to say that my partner and i are no longer welcome anywhere at all.

This has me wondering though that maybe the fault isn't in them but ourselves, maybe the scene adapted so quickly we got left behind. Sure not having a regular 9-5 job doesn't make things easy at all along with working at weekends but then i think about who DOES a regular 9-5 these days, surely we are not the only ones, others still seem to fit in with it all, talked to by friends, having a social life.

If there are so many of us out there in the same situation then why haven't we got our own metamorphic clique, one that is in constant flux knowing that people in a similar hectic lifestyle need to be part of something too. We are probably more settled in our lives on a day to day basis, we'd understand that not everyone can be at every event. I wonder if those who are Mr Popular will ever look at us thinking that we have the best of it, having (or had) that someone special in our lives, not shagging every simple offer that comes along, then again i can't imagine they will ever think that at all. Just as long as they have their own "want to make friends/contacts" when they really mean "want someone who looks like x,y,z and shags like a steam train" i don't think they will think differently.

By now anyone is probably thinking this is bitterness as typing it out it seems that way to me. I think of more as frustration, sometimes feeling like the only one who can see the gremlin on the wing, no matter how often you point it out you are ignored then someone comes along and says "that's odd" and suddenly they are the hero. If this is the gay scene still maturing then do we really want to be part of it, why should we be jumping through hoops just to be even accepted, though usually ignored by our fellow gay brothers and sisters, i'm now wondering if the lesbian scene has gone the same way!

Sure, my partner and i are happy as we have each other but then there are those times when you just want those friends to talk to, not to burden them with your worries but just to have that different perspective on things, it would be an outlet for them too. When you are in that crowded room and yet still feel alone is such a soul destroying feeling and yet here we seem to be where people don't offer that slightest gesture of friendship to make things feel better. Maybe their pleasure comes from this having the "well i felt alone" crap and hold that over others. I just hope they never get back to that point in their life or just maybe, just maybe in reality they are just so far up themselves that should change their last name to Dildo.

Mr Right Now and tug6781101
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 195.93.21.71

Rating: 

Posted on Friday, October 18, 2013 - 09:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I agree 100% with both Mr Right Now and tug6781101
being in my early 70's I have obviously been around and seen a lot. In the 1960's & 70's the scene was more friendly and not so many cliques as there are today. I recently visited a sauna in east Anglia and it was made quite obvious to me that I was past my "sell by date", plus as I was not a regular I was exclude (very obviously) from any conversations. One guy in his early to mid 20's made a point of telling me if you think you are getting sex here you are NOT as you are far to old. WHY is it that so many feel that the minute you make contact you need sex??? IF if happens that is great otherwise make the most of and appreciate the friendship. As you get older and you are left alone (as I am) as partner has passed away welcome people for what and who they are and NOT for what you want them to be.

Mr Right Now
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 62.3.206.17

Rating: 

Posted on Friday, October 18, 2013 - 08:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You're right Tug, my partner & I moved a while back and tried to make some gay friends in the new place through another site. The people we met for a drink soon made it clear they wanted a shag not friends, tho we'd made it quite clear that wasn't what we were up for, and that was that.

We're not saints and do play a bit but only if it develops naturally from a situation. If you want Mr Right Now go to a sex club or sauna, but you'll probably still be disappointed with the ageists and the body fascists that populate the 'gay scene' these days! It's all about instant gratification.

tug6781101
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 82.30.245.218

Rating: 
Votes: 3 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 09:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The problem i find is how many guys out there say they want friends/conversation but in reality they just want to carve another notch onto the headboard.

I'd prefer it much more if guys were just more honest about the situation from the start. You see them on websites and phone apps, they must have run out of cock by now with how many there are within my area. Several guys i know are out to make new friends etc, they either live in the middle of nowhere or their partners work very odd hours or away so they want to make new friends but the shallowness of these people via apps/some websites is terrible and if one should message you then they insult you if your reply is later than within 1 minute. I guess that is the way things are these days with some people living their entire life via a little touchscreen device.

If you do go to the pub you now have them all sat huddled around even more cliquey then they have been for years.What has happened to the whole situation, it makes me wonder now if i would have met my other half the way i did with the way the scene has gone these days. Manners seem to have flown out of the window along with the art of conversation. I know some with think it is all looked back upon with rose tinted glasses though a few other guys are also feeling this way (i could count them on one hand with a few fingers missing)

Ted_gay

Post Number: 165

Posted on Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 03:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My two live-in boyfriends I met on the old gay scene years ago, a certain cinema in Victoria long demolished. One I only lived with about a year, the other, my life-partner, 21 years till his death in 1991.

However since then I've had several propositions on the mainly straight rock'n'roll scene. Some amounted to nothing because the other guy chickened out and couldn't go thru with it at the last minute. But several did. One guy I saw many times, then he moved to the coast, stayed with him there once, and he disappeared. I think he may have got a steady boyfriend as someone else answered the phone. I couldn't take him on as he was, not exactly an alcoholic, but something like that. Got barred from a lot of pubs for getting drunk, though he was harmless enough.

The other main affair I had was a married guy who's obviously gay and got married because his friends on the rockin' scene were all getting married (to women of course). He's gay, he had an affair with an older man when he was 18. He ended marrying what I suspect is a lesbian, she used to hang around with a lesbian and they don't sleep together (except when she wanted to get pregnant). He now also lives on the coast, but I see him now and again. So you can meet guys on the straight scene. Only trouble is some of them have too much baggage - in these two cases drink and a wife. Oh, the wife caught us holding hands under the table once and said: 'Do you mind not doing that while I'm here? When I kick the bucket you can have him to yourself!'

joey west london
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 2.26.221.116

Posted on Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 11:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i dont have any "type of guy" on saying that i dont fancy camp or o.t.t gay lads just normal non scene, i met my bf at the ian dury exib at the r.c.a he is a student, and not out.body size or dick size dosent worry me or hairy or smooth a lot of older guys hit on me for sex its not there age as i have had sex with older married guys in the past, i just dont go for tight t shirts and shaven heads on any age guy bi curious or a screaming queen, i did a few gay clubs at 16 and a few saunas both not for me, that not saying i havent cruised or cottaged as ive met a few rearly good m8s that way i just mix with a crowed into the same tastes as me music,film,art etc and thats how i met my bf.

Engjock

Post Number: 15

Posted on Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 07:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Ted gay
I definitely don't fit a stereotype.
My musical tastes range from Mozart via Motorhead to Matching Mole (anybody heard of them?). My fashion ranges from understated smart suits (without any labels) to retro-hippie via anything that looks good and will last for more than one season. (I've just reluctantly thrown a pair of 20 year old shoes in the bin!)
While I don't have a 'type' of guy, I tend to like younger guys (- 1 point for being an ageist gay) who are trim (- another point for being a sizeist gay)and are an active top (- a couple of more points for being a 'particularist' gay - especially after this months' article in Attitude)and are not really hairy (- yet another point for being a hairist gay). Yes I generally like them to be of average or above 'size' (- a whole tranch of points for being another type of sizeist gay!).
Perhaps on reading this someone will say that I definitely fit into the gay stereotype box of being a non-conformist conformist, but I don't really care. It's what floats my boat that ultimately counts and so long as nobody tries to force their opinions down my throat - 'cos I'll probably gag if they're too big - I'll definitely not try to force mine down theirs.
BTW I've just bought a couple of JLL vinyl albums - they're great - almost as good as the two Frank Zappa's as well which I bought at the same time.}

Ted_gay

Post Number: 163

Posted on Sunday, October 13, 2013 - 02:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Joey West - great to hear from you on this forum. There are a lot of us into different kinds of music, etc. No, you're not a stereotype. My life-partner liked Judy, Shirley and Dusty among many other artists, but he also didn't slavishly follow every current gay fashion that came along. It is by no means just us 'oldies' who dig 1950s and early 1960s music and indeed fashions. The more of us who like this kind of music 'come out' the less homophobia there'll be on the rockin' scene, and perhaps we'll even get more variety of music, etc. on the gay scene. Jo Purvis used to play a bit of rock'n'roll at her Tea Dances, and music from even earlier eras, and right up to date. This was a welcome change from the usual stuff played in gay venues.

joey west london
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 2.26.221.33

Posted on Saturday, October 12, 2013 - 11:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

iam gay and 21 and like 50's-60's music eg billy fury,marty wilde,vince taylor, johnny kidd, ok its not hardcore rock an roll but love pre beatles british music and joe meek an larry parnes who where both gay producers meek was a master! larry got into a lot of cute singers pants! but i still like a bit of bad 70s disco! and judy and dusty so dose that stereo type me? i dont do the gay scene but i still have plenty of gay sex! with non looking and acting gay lads my flat is a mix of 50s and 70s with a bit of gothic funeral parlour thrown in for good luck and a few plaster saints but is that camp? so dose that stereo type me? must admit ive a great mix of friends who think iam a bit strange!but rather that then a plastic clone.

Ted_gay

Post Number: 162

Posted on Saturday, October 12, 2013 - 12:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cockrobin. You see, that's just the kind of attitude I'm talking about. If you don't fit the stereotype you are told 'you can't be gay'. I've had this from the mainly straight rockin' scene as well: 'You can't like rock'n'roll and be gay; rock'n'roll is all about pickin' up a bird on Saturday night and givin' 'er one, innit?' No it's not. I know quite a few on the rockin' scene who are gay or bisexual. Unfortunately they are largely still closeted, because neither the gay nor the rockin' scene accepts them.

This was a genuine post to ask if other gays on this site fit the gay stereotypes. I am far from being a misanthrope, and try my best to help others. This is why I am a Socialist, still hoping for a better, more altruistic, less selfish and greedy society.

I am 100% gay, but that only defines my sexuality. It doesn't define what music I like, how I style my hair, what clothes I wear, etc. When gay style gurus try to impose this on all gay men I call it 'gay fascism'. For instance, I was once told to shave my head and wear a 'Queer as Fuck' t-shirt because I didn't look gay. On another occasion I and a gay or bi friend were refused admission to a gay bar for the same reason - because of our hairstyles the security on the door decided we 'didn't look gay enough'. We did manage to get in eventually. Two gay friends of mine were visiting a gay club in the Yumbo Center on Grand Canary. One of them has long blond hair, though in his 70s. He overheard another gay man say to his friend: 'People with long hair like that shouldn't be allowed in here!' That, my friend, is what I mean by 'gay fascism!' This couple in their 70s also prefer opera and classical music and detest house/disco.

Let's have a bit of common sense here. We are all individuals. We don't all follow the current trends set by gay style gurus, or follow the herd in the gay clubs, discos, etc.

(Message edited by Ted Gay on October 12, 2013)

Cockrobin

Post Number: 100

Posted on Saturday, October 12, 2013 - 11:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Your post made sad reading,Ted
It's prompted me to reply and ask two questions.
1) Are you sure you're gay(?)
2) If not,why are you even here posting
on a gay website spouting what suspiciously looks
like anti gay invective(?!)
You sound like a misanthrope :-(

Ted_gay

Post Number: 161

Posted on Friday, October 11, 2013 - 07:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This post is about gay lifestyles, or I guess, gay stereotypes. I wonder how many gay men fit one of the stereotypes? I don't seem to fit many at all. I don't like musicals, am not a fan of Shirley Bassey, Kylie Monogue, Judy Garland, etc.. I hate house/disco music. I hate all modern fashions, especially gay ones such as shaved heads on guys over about 25. I like 1950s rock'n'roll/rockabilly and traditional Country Music, Teddy-boy style clothes (hence my Username on here), have always been pretty extreme in my politics - still a Marxist though I ceased being a Stalinist member of the British Communist Party years ago. The only thing I can think of which marks me as a gay stereotype perhaps is I hate all sport, except I swim in the Summer (but never at Hampstead Men's Pond where gay men congregate, I prefer the Mixed Pond). Once asked Martin of Central Station if we could have some Bill Haley instead of the House/Disco stuff the DJ was playing, and he literally ran screaming across the dance floor saying: 'I HATE rock'n'roll!' This music also cleared a pub of most of my gay friends at one of my birthday parties. But I am what I am, and I'm not getting rid of my 1950s quiff for anybody, even though I've been told it doesn't look 'gay enough'. Surely we are all individuals and don't have to follow gay style trends in music, fashion, etc.? My favorite singer? The Killer himself, Jerry Lee Lewis.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration