Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Gaybod » Opinions » Cruising ettiquette - Good & Bad « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bendy
Username: Bendy

Post Number: 97

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 02:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ref: bendy posting.
So you do not agree,tis a shame you have not bothered to become a member(your choice)

But i stand by this "But what i have noticed that the younger GEN have a dont care attitude and have no fear of getting nicked".

Do it until it hurts then do it some more.....

Ref: bendy posting
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 195.93.21.39

Posted on Monday, May 10, 2010 - 11:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

sorry unable to agree with bendy regarding the age thing. I am a real oldy and possibly been around longer than him. sadly it is not always the youngsters that dump litter. I have seen and tackled a number of guys 50+ age about dumping condoms and litter and a number of times I been told to F off and also "I cannot take it home I am married" tough dump it in a bin on the way home
douwant2makelove@aol.com

Bendy
Username: Bendy

Post Number: 76

Posted on Monday, May 10, 2010 - 12:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here is my opinion.
I am a long time cruiser who has had fun with many guys,in many locations.
I suppose it maybe my generation that has the attitude of,clean and tidy etc And Private.

But what i have noticed that the younger GEN have a dont care attitude and have no fear of getting nicked.

As for no FEAR Once i was parked up reading my newspaper,when a youth came to my car window flashing his (NICE COCK).But parent and kids were around.
No FEAR for this GEN.
Do it until it hurts then do it some more.....

police & cruising
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 195.93.21.39

Posted on Thursday, April 29, 2010 - 11:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I do not feel it is the police having a "crackdown" without good reason. Near to me we have a picnic area and woodland that was excellent but then we had a few "mindles & stupid guys" who decided it was ok to have sex and commit sex acts irrespective of the fact the children and parents used the area during school holidays and as a result a number of complaints were made and IMO rightly so. Now the area is dead and so yet another cruising site gone. when will these "minority few" get it in their heads to act sensibly and with respect to ALL users of an area????

Ravenscrofter
Username: Ravenscrofter

Post Number: 4

Posted on Sunday, April 25, 2010 - 02:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i'm not surprised that the police activity will increase - they always want to stamp out what they refer to as 'unnatural activity' cos of complaints from the public. they obviously go there in plain clothes to catch out the unwary... watch out guys! i'm currently in the bolton area atm and theres nowhere to cruise around here - hardly surprising!

funnythat
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 77.96.212.245

Posted on Sunday, April 25, 2010 - 07:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Having noticed the police activity mentioned on here and other cruising sites, I am wondering if a directive has gone out to all police forces to monitor cruising area now that the warmer weather is coming.
Funny thing is though, whenever there is any trouble at cruising areas, or anywhere else come to that, the police can never be found. MYSTERIOUS.

Modm
Username: Modm

Post Number: 89

Posted on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 09:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The general thing so far seems to be that cruising in pairs or larger groups is taboo if you stay together and the sensible thing if you go cruising with mates is to split up and cruise separately and watch out for each other from a distance.
I'll go with that.
Certainly, like most who have commented, I become wary and nervous when people cruise side by side - be they just two or more.

2 cruisers
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 08:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

seen the negative postings about 2 guys cruising at places and would like to just add the following to the debate:-

sadly due to health reasons I have had my licence removed temporarily and until health allows I rely on friends to take me around and without these lovely guys who drive me around I would not be able to go out and about. When I was on my own I used to sit and watch for about 5 minutes to check out what was happening and then go, I am sure there are many guys at cruising spots that see the same faces quite often and although not getting it off do acknowledge each other and would surely tell one another if something untoward was happening or seemed a bit dodgy

Hippie
Username: Hippie

Post Number: 15

Posted on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 05:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've been cruising with mates, but we do not wander about together. We arrange to meet up at a specific place at a given time to check each other is OK and having fun, but otherwise wander off in different directions.

I do not want to be part of a ménage a trois so steer clear of couples. In fact I view them with great suspicion.

If I go to an unfamiliar place I always like to look it over in daylight first, and then later, when the action starts, watch what others do and where the rat runs and parade grounds are situated before plunging into the action.

Always plan your escape route, and never take anything that you don't want to lose; expensive cameras, watches, bundles of cash, even keys (that car is expensive, and a quick push of the button and it identifies itself). I hide my keys in a safe place before going out on the prowl, and have £5 in loose change only in my pocket. No phone. Although it has never happened, if I were challenged by a robber he would get the small amount of cash; I would keep my stuff. I would say I am local and walked down. No keys? "There's a mate in the house who will let me in." That way they are not going to persist.

Have fun, but stay safe.
=== Experience is something you gain 10 seconds after you needed it ===

BJ man
Unregistered guest

Posted on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 02:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am always wary when cruising these days, especially late at night. Seeing two guy or a group of guys walking towards me or nearby me, always makes me more alert and head for safer territory, and when in a strange place, I always sit and watch what goes on before I do anything. Best to have full balls than an empty wallet or worse.

Discreetbi
Username: Discreetbi

Post Number: 20

Posted on Tuesday, December 01, 2009 - 11:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm more cautious when i see two or more people cruising or sat in cars driving around grounds. I go to a666 and to caton near lancaster and i am very wary there with all the trouble there has been. I'll always rather be safe and with a unfulfilled urge, than beat up or robbed. Lets face it, a few cruising grounds are very out the way places and can be dangerous.

Mechanic
Username: Mechanic

Post Number: 18

Posted on Tuesday, December 01, 2009 - 07:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I certainly become very alert if I see people walking about together. I recall once this Summer in a very busy cruising area in the middle of the afternoon an m/f couple appeared walking through the woods. The place cleared within minutes. Only on a later visit when they were there again and surrounded by a small gang of men did it come to light that they were cock hunting with the male putting it on a camcorder which is something else I would be wary of in this day of U-tubes and the like!!!

wondered
Unregistered guest

Posted on Tuesday, December 01, 2009 - 05:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've just been reading some exchanges on another website about what amounts to cruising ettiquette.

The discussion began when a writer said that they had been spooked when visiting a cruising site away from their home area to find people cruising in groups - male couples and larger male groups - and wondered if it was safe.
Being unsure they had left the area and so the area had lost a potential visitor that night and maybe other nights.
Further into the discussion that writer accepted an argument that some people cruise in pairs because they think it may be safer, but for all that it still left you wondering if it might not be plain clothes police and as a stranger to the area you did not have the knowledge of 'locals' and who was who.

Most of the responses were abusive and personal and such comment was seen as scaring people off: they were going to cruise whatever - presumably personal safety came second it seemed.

So what do Gaybod readers think? What are your feelings - for or against cruising in twos or more? Does it make a difference if you are on 'home' ground to how it seems if you are playing away?
My own opinion - if people want to cruise together in whatever number I think there is sense in keeping at least a few yards apart: I would certainly feel apprehensive if confronted by people walking around side by side and the larger the group the greater the concern.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration