Gaybod » Advice » Cruising Etiquette - The Do's and Dont's « Previous Next »

Questions and advice on the do's and don't of cruising

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

YngCruisingLad
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 213.205.194.120

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, August 23, 2015 - 02:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am a young gay lad. I have been to a few cruising areas but never been fortunate for any action, possibly a bit wary. The whole idea of cruising guys and random hook ups really turns me on. Not really interested in gay hook up apps it spoils the fun. Any recommendations to any good sites in the North West for outdoor cruising / cottaging? Is it common for guys to park up on a car park and wander off into the woods? Is this how we do it?

Jamiejizm
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 149.254.218.149

Posted on Monday, October 06, 2014 - 01:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Evening lads...I decided to check out a cruising spot along the a47 tonight. In the lay by there is space for parking half way down, then more parking at the bottom of the lane. Firstly I parked half way down and seen a golf drive to the end, do a loop, and drive back again. He did this about 5 or 6 times, so I parked at the end and when he came back he parked in front of me...waited for about 10 mins, then drove off. There was loads of cars doing this...I don't understand what your supposed to do?? Should I follow as they drive off? Any advice would be appreciated!

Rigger
Username: Rigger

Post Number: 1517

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2012 - 09:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The message/request below from 'Is it Legal' quotes from another source which is in general inaccurate.
The Police often use websites to provide advice when problems arise in certain locations and to appeal for help when they do.

As to Cruising in general then the header on the Lancashire Police Information page on this website outlines the position in general terms about cruising in public - which, as they say, Sex in public places is not necessarily illegal however you must ensure that you cannot be seen by anyone who might be offended that you are having sex.

Their full statement reads and most other Forces will probably adopt the same stance:
Whilst Lancashire Constabulary does not advocate sexual acts in public places, we always work towards protecting people and supporting the victims and witnesses of any crime.
Sex in public places is not necessarily illegal however you must ensure that you cannot be seen by anyone who might be offended that you are having sex.
Anyone who engages in sex in public could find themselves charged with offences under the Public Order Act if the police have sufficient evidence to convince a court of law that the activity was witnessed (or there was a high likelihood of being witnessed) by another person.

is it legal
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 195.93.21.71

Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2012 - 09:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I been passed this message. What is the legal situation? anyone know?
--------------------------------------------------
police do not think much of these websites as sex is not allowed in public places I'm shore the police do watch this site as i noticed some of there handwriting also they might arrest you for visiting these places as they are against you cruising out side be on Gard if you do cruise as you dont want to get arrested its not your fault the cruising law changed they had to many complaints from the general public j

alec mandon
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 86.162.139.164

Posted on Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 10:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi i am another beginner at all this,what i want to know is generally what the signals are, and what to do in toilets and changing room showers e.t.c
how long should i wait for?
what are the type of people that will do it and what are the signals?

AndyBB
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 82.39.105.246

Posted on Tuesday, August 30, 2011 - 09:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've heard good things about Steamworks, New Cross Road. Not been myself even though it's not far from Bermondsey, but a few have said they've been and liked it. Looked on their site and it says they're an intimate sauna but they don't have any private rooms, so if you don't mind being watched give it a go.

Daniellee19
Username: Daniellee19

Post Number: 4

Posted on Tuesday, July 19, 2011 - 12:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hey everyone is there any discret suanas in se london?

AndyBB
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 82.39.109.239

Posted on Monday, March 14, 2011 - 03:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

bi i think, the best way to make the first move is simply prolonged eye contact and a smile.

bi i think
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 94.194.198.114

Rating: 

Posted on Saturday, March 05, 2011 - 11:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i go to a lot of laybys and get very turned on wrn im there but just not sure on how to make the first move , help pls , many thanks

BJ man
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 77.96.212.245

Rating: 

Posted on Friday, August 20, 2010 - 05:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Newly-bi;

Good advice given by AndyBB, also if you go to a cruising ground or cottage etc; observe the other guys that are there and watch the signs and actions they give out. We all start out the same as you, but in time and with experience you will know what to do, and find it comes naturally. Another thing I rely on these days as well is instinct, if you feel the guy or the situation does not feel good, then leave it, and try again some other time, best to miss out on a cock than get hurt or anything like that.
Dont rush things mate, take one step at a time and your confidence and knowledge will soon grow.
Happy hunting and stay safe always.

for Newly-bi
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 86.132.204.188

Rating: 
Votes: 2 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, August 19, 2010 - 07:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Newly-bi, if you are in a woodland say, its often the case that guys either like to persue you, or be persued by you, through the wood at least for a little way. Work out what you would prefer. You might make eye contact, then he goes off in a certain direction- if he is interested he would look round after a while to see if you are following. Follow at a discrete distance, and be sure he is hoping you are following.If he puts on speed and you loose him, leave it at that, he probably wanted to loose you. Otherwise, he would lead you to a quiet place where you can be together in relative private. When he stops and you get closer, stop yourself, and from a short distance touch your crotch and see if he does the same towards you. Then if you still like the look of him, get closer, unzipping, and he will be doing the same. If he isnt, you need to be sure you get some other positive signal from him. He might beckon you towards him, or just approach you. You need to see smiles, smile back, be as sure as you can be that he is not threatening you .Make sure you dont have valuables on you, eg. in an inside pocket where he could pretend to be feeling your body but actually feeling where your wallet is. It is very easy for the desire and lust you feel at the moment, to overcome your common sense.

It is a bit safer in a gay sauna, where if you hit the place lucky you will find a lot of cock available. There its a matter of choosing who to go with, and where to be together in the sauna rooms. You may just go to watch what happens with others on your first visit, so you learn what you would like to do and how the various facilities work.

Sometimes, in a cruising area or in a sauna, there will be hardly anyone else around. I would personally get out of a deserted cruising place, not knowing why it is deserted..did everyone leave 5 mins ago because the cops were visiting? is there a gang of thugs around who nobody wanted to meet? Are they around the corner now? You need to look after yourself at all times. A deserted sauna could mean everyone goes there mostly at weekends or in the evenings, and you havent. Give it a couple of hours and see who arrives...hope. this helps

AndyBB
Unregistered guest

Rating: 

Posted on Thursday, August 19, 2010 - 05:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Newly-bi, i take it you're going to a cruising ground? If you are then it's usually quite easy.

Don't go mental and walk up to someone you like the look of and say fancy some sex, that's a good way to get beaten up. Make it more subtle, it's the same as being in a bar. Make lots of eye contact, smile at any guy you like. You'll know if they're interested, if they turn away or just ignore you then just walk past. If they smile back or raise their eyebrows it's game on. You'll learn the subtle ways guys make contact, it'll come with experience.

If a guy is in a car but he has his interior light on then it usually means he's up for it. Don't just open his door, maybe knock on his window and ask for a light or something.

I made many mistakes when i first went cruising, both at CG and cottages. I still do get the signals wrong and make a complete muppet of myself. But don't worry, we've all made the same mistakes, it's what makes cruising fun.

If it's your first time i would tend not to have sex at the CG, give as many BJ as you like but find a guy who can accom or if you can then take him back to yours for sex. If you do have sex at a CG just stay safe, there are a lot of nutters about.

Newly-bi
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 81.108.47.116

Posted on Wednesday, August 18, 2010 - 10:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This may seem like a stupid question to some of you but I am new to this and there is something I need to know. Are there any subtle 'signs' people give out to indicate that they are up for a bit of fun? I have tried walking around a couple of places near where I live but I can't tell who would be up for some fun and who would just give me a kicking if I asked. Any help you guys can give me would be really appreciated because I am desperate to try some cock for the first time.

Toshells
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 212.183.140.102

Posted on Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 11:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks guys.. I will email you asap rigger :-)

AndyBB
Unregistered guest

Posted on Monday, July 05, 2010 - 09:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've found that if the truckers main interior light is permanently on while he's sitting in the drivers seat then he's up for it, or just walk past in front of the cab a few times and see if he eyes you up or gets out of his cab to have a look. You will get it wrong a few times, always have an excuse ready like saying you're lost and you thought i trucker would know his way round.

Remember most truckers know about cruising grounds, so 95% will be there for the same thing you are. I've never got into trouble over it even when i've read the wrong signals.

Toshells
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 212.183.140.2

Posted on Monday, July 05, 2010 - 04:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This may sound silly, but how do you go about approaching truckers and seeing if they are up for it? .. U really would not want to get thatvone wrong eh!!

20jamesbi
Username: 20jamesbi

Post Number: 3

Posted on Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 11:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i was a 1st timer a few weeks back,i pulled up in a lay by(the a43 in northampton) sat there for around an hour really nervous,a car pulled up in front of me,he sat there for around ten minutes then got out and walked past my car slow having a good look and carried on walking so i un done my window a little and then he came back and had another good look so i just said alrite and he came straight up close and we just started to chat so i wound my window right down,he asked me what i was into and i said cock and he said thats good cus i am too(the whole time he was playing with his)the next thing i look down and his cock is sticking through my window so with no hesitation i just took it all in my mouth and gave it 4 big sucks and he said shall i get in and i agreed and we had a good half hour session,hope this helps some of you

Hugger
Username: Hugger

Post Number: 30

Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 11:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hotpunk1964....if you take the advice given by James, you are likely to get your face kicked in!!!
You need to be a bit more discreet.... stand at the urinal as if you are taking a piss - if someone else is standing there that is interested you'll know if they are up for some fun because they will be taking a lot longer than is necessary to take a genuine piss and will probably be trying to get a glimpse of your cock without you noticing!!
Hold your cock in such a way that they can see it...if they are up for it you'll soon get a reaction from them!!
Don't be as obvious as James is suggesting until you are sure that the other guy is up for it..that would just be asking for trouble!
Have fun, but above all, be careful!!!!!

James
Username: James

Post Number: 6

Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 11:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hotpunk1964 just walk around with your pants open or better still with your pants half way down, and wink from time to time at the young lads taking a piss.
good luck

Hntpunk1964
Username: Hntpunk1964

Post Number: 1

Posted on Sunday, January 27, 2008 - 11:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Am thinking of trying the loos on the a40 for the 1st time what signs do i look out for or send out to show im up for some fun as i have never done cottaging before any help apreciated

Steverutland
Username: Steverutland

Post Number: 4

Posted on Friday, January 25, 2008 - 09:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need your advice please.

I’m used to cottaging and have come to understand the etiquette; however cruising is another world for me.

I was driving home from a meeting yesterday and feeling really horny, stopped off at a lay-by on the A47, known for cruising. I was the only one there, and pulled up about half way along the lay-by, but within a few minutes another car pulled up a couple of car lengths behind me. The guy got out and seemed to walk around and then got back into his car. Then another guy in a scooby arrived and pulled up in front of me a few car lengths ahead. I liked what I had seen so crawled forward til I was a couple of car lengths behind him, plucked up the courage, got out and walked round to the boot of the car, pretended to get something and then got back into the car. After a few minutes Scooby turned around and drove to the other end of the lay by. Now a couple of other cars drove in that end of the lay by and parked up near Scooby. After about 10 minutes he turned around and drove back towards me, showing what his car could do, and pulled up at the end of the lay by, in front of me, but a good few cars lengths in front of me. He got out went to his boot, and I very much liked what I saw, and then got back into his car. As I was wanking and had been all the time I very quickly shot my load………….

Was I meant to approach him again – if so how? Was I not in the running cos he had already gone to the other end of the lay-by the first time I tried to show I was interested. What should I have done, what did his behaviour mean? What would you have done?

Please help!

popeye
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 78.146.248.11

Posted on Sunday, August 05, 2007 - 12:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i went cruising today for first time. i was nervouse and didnt do anything but this one guy kept walking past. how do i approach him for next step??????

Neddy G
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 194.222.102.215

Posted on Friday, May 18, 2007 - 12:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In various sections, there’ve been enquiries from people saying that they’d like to try something, or go somewhere for a first time, or so on, and asking for advice. It’s nice to see that they’ve been given it in a friendly manner, and not be abused or laughed at or whatever:
So my enquiry is of this beginner type. What’s the etiquette or convention for a bit of action when staying at a hotel – that is, at night, or at the beginning of the night? How do you indicate that you’re up for it, or how do you go about finding it?

- Neddy G

Bookies_bummer
Username: Bookies_bummer

Post Number: 1

Posted on Wednesday, August 09, 2006 - 11:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi guys, and forgive me 'turned' but thanks Fitsouthlad, now having put all that into practice, what do you do when you get there? i recently spent an hour in the local cruising area, spied a couple of guys i really fancied, thing was i didnt know what to do/say to get what i wanted, i ended up being told to fcuk off by one guy who was obviously there for sex, but i didnt understand what i'd done wrong!!!!
NEILxxx

Turned
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 62.30.198.98

Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 - 12:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

having never "cruised" before and living near quite a big area for it, I just wondered the best way to deal with a situation for a 1st timer? how did you deal with it on your first cruise?

Cavuk
Username: Cavuk

Post Number: 9

Rating: 

Posted on Sunday, March 05, 2006 - 01:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK fellow gays, puffs, queers or whatever you want to be called, let me tell you about the last few years with regards to cruising and cottaging. I am now 47 and have been cruising and cottaging since a teenager. The smell of a public toilet gets me hard, but over the last few years it is becoming more and more difficult to get any action without the risk of prosecution, and why is this? Its because we are so fuckin ignorant of other people and so taken up with getting fucked that some of us show no consideration for others. I live in Rotherham and cruise Sheffield, Rotherham and Mexborough all of which have within the last few days been in the section relating to Police activity. Last week I went into Mexborough toilets for the first time having recently moved here, and two guys were fuckin at the urinal. I walked in and disturbed them, nothing was left to the imagination. Fotunately for them I am also a puff (or whatever) and they were safe. I could have however, have been a child, a straight guy or the police, all of which would have been a little more complicated and caused a little more embarrasment. The cubicles were empty, why not go in one of those for a fuck??????
I have read the police notices recently with a real concern and see an end to cruising in the near future, possibly due to legislation or due to the inconiderate behaviour and to spunk full condoms left in all male toilets on the floor, and loads of spunk running down gloryholes. The police notices are not unreasonable. They ask for decent behaviour and in some cases the notices even warn us of future police action, but we are too fuckin thick to heed the warning. What has to happen to make us listen, total illegality? Come on guys, lets keep suckin and fuckin for many years, or at least until it is considered as normal as straight behaviour.
I have at this time had a considerable amount to drink, however, I was going to comment in any case. So to you smart fuckers that want to comment on my grammer or the use of English language, fuck off, not interested. The fact that you consider any answer necessary means that you acknowledge my concerns, that is all I ask. Remember, I am not criticising, I am he same as you, a cock sucking puff, I apologise whole heartedly for any offence I may have caused you. Please think in future when you shoot a load or where you shoot a load.
Lots of love,
Dan

Jo_blo
Username: Jo_blo

Post Number: 13

Posted on Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 10:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Its the same as the guys who rip huge suck holes in cubicle doors or walls, then they wonder why there is suddenly steel plates everywhere. Locally we have NO gay scene except cottages, its a rural area with plenty of quiet places that guys could slope off to for some fun, but the insistance on getting off thru a hole in a door or wall has led to all the good places being closed or being so regularly patrolled that they are no longer any use for cruising, as a couple of local guys found out recently.

Come on guys use your heads, glory holes just piss off the councils and then the places are spoiled for everyone.

Johneastend
Username: Johneastend

Post Number: 49

Rating: 

Posted on Thursday, December 01, 2005 - 01:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Consideration for other people does NOT exist in some guys minds. When I go cruising I try not to be to obvious, stay away from the so called "straight areas", always take my litter home to put in my dustbin, and try to find somewhere secluded where we wont be disturbed, especially by families and children. Unlike some guys who make it clear and plain to everyone around that they are there for cock and nothing and nobody else matters. More respect and discretion for others would go a long way, and that icludes our gay/bi brothers, as well as "straight" people. God, how i hate that word.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration