Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Gaybod » Advice » Sex Life « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rigger
Username: Rigger

Post Number: 152

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2016 - 05:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Drug resistant form of Gonorrhoea

A Super-gonorrhoea' outbreak across north of England has sparked a national alert.
Public Health England say a drug-resistant strain first reported in Leeds has spread to Macclesfield, Oldham and Scunthorpe.

Do your own research - follow the news. With a mobile population Public Health England have flagged the problem up as of National concern - not just a local one in the areas currently known.

The message is clear - be careful and cautious.
The message below this gives added information and web links to more details.

Tht_cambs
Username: Tht_cambs

Post Number: 4

Posted on Monday, April 18, 2016 - 02:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

More news on the Super Gonorrhoea infection can be found on the BBC website here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-36065314

We are seeing more general gonorrhoea infections in the Men who have Sex with Men who attend clinics in our region, and the caution in the article is also mentioning throat infections are on the increase too. Gonorrhoea is a bacterial infection that can be passed through contact with sex fluids, not only through unprotected sex.

So best practice is condoms when giving oral sex too, and get regular check ups, again it's an infection where the majority of people wont have any signs or symptoms.

More info on gonorrhoea here:
http://www.tht.org.uk/sexual-health/About-STIs/Gonorrhoea

Any questions, don't hesitate to contact me or your local clinic
Online Netreach Mondays 7pm - 10pm

Bendy
Username: Bendy

Post Number: 110

Rating: 
Votes: 42 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, October 24, 2011 - 12:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

FOR MORE INFO.
http://www.medicinenet.com/shigella_infection/article.htm#what
Do it until it hurts then do it some more.....

Roly
Username: Roly

Post Number: 148

Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 08:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Following on from the good feed back below, firstly as others have said, well done.

Now...something different but something to watch...

A friend of mine has just recovered from a viral infection usually picked up in India, Egypt, or cruise ships. He has not been to any of these locations, so the only way he has contracted it is, he believes, is by sexual contact. The bug called Shigella is passed by contact with sewage, usually by poor hygiene when preparing food. It is usually spread when people use the toilet and don't wash their hands. He beleives it was from contact when rimming a gay partner, on a one night stand.

The results ended up with him losing nearly a stone in weight in less than a day. Passing out unconsious and being in hospital. The test results where then notified to the public health as it is that serious. They then contacted him at home to quiz him as to when he had contracted the bug. He could not eat solid food for nearly a week and had 2 weeks off work.

Lets be careful out there, he was lucky he was found on the floor, you may be alone !!!!!!

(Message edited by rigger on October 23, 2011)

(Message edited by roly on October 24, 2011)

engjock
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 95.150.82.161

Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 05:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well done LCS; I'm glad that you're OK. I remember the feeling of relief when I had the all clear afer a condom had split, without either of us realising, on the guy who had been fucking me and he had left most of his cum in my arse (see above). It was probably even greater than the first time I went to an STI clinic. As I said earlier, make sure that you go for a regular 'MOT' check up in future. The peace of mind it gives outweighs any other considerations.
Good luck for the future both in your experiments with the gay scene and with your health.

Rigger
Username: Rigger

Post Number: 1077

Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 09:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To Londoncocksucker - as Bearpit says - sharing your experience on-line will hopefully encourage others to follow your example.
The first visit is always the one where you are most apprehensive: follow up visits are much easier and if, at some future date, you feel you would like another check you will be treated with equal respect.
The injections were probably for protection against Hepatitis and on return visits a blood sample is likely to be taken to see if the injection has produced the necessary antibodies.
Bottom line however LCS well done on taking up the challenge and relaying your experiences. The results will almost certainly be fine but do let us know.

Bearbit
Username: Bearbit

Post Number: 18

Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 12:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hey Londoncocksucker you should be congratulated on sharing your experience. I'm sure it will help others who are experiencing similar apprehensions to those felt by yourself. I do think, though, that this could be further shared beyond this site and maybe you could email it to the clinic for possible inclusion on their wesite

Londoncocksucker
Username: Londoncocksucker

Post Number: 3

Rating: 
Votes: 4 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, October 21, 2011 - 08:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, today was the day that I went to have my very first ever sexual health check-up. The days have been spent part worrying incase I have caught anything or given something to someone in the past, but also filled with sexual frustration as I dared not to even engage in my favourite past time of performing fellatio - just incase I do have an STI and I pass something on. 

Before I continue,  I want to apologise if this is really long. The idea is to try and go through how I felt, and my experience so that anyone reading this may be able to relate or at least gain an insight into another persons first time experience & hopefully realise that the reality of having it done is in fact a thousand times better that the worry of it!!

Strangely enough, the journey to the clinic was peaceful as I didn't have a lot of thoughts on my mind. I got to the clinic (56 Dean Street in Soho) and after filling out a short form I sat and waited to be seen.  It's a really lovely place and not like I had suspected at all - I was expecting the chaos you find in a hospital!

This was the moment I started to have a million things go through my mind, ever minute felt like an hour as I waited and waited - those that had arrived before me (only a couple of lads) were soon called, and in theory I was to be called next. I watched as both male & female clinicians walked by looking at their charts & felt myself thinking a stupid & naive thing. "what if I get seen by a woman? - would she be able to truly relate to me as I divulged information about my sexual activities that some of my best friends aren't even privvy to?" I found myself hoping the one of then male clinicians that kept walking by would be the one to see me!!

Fate decided to throw me another curveball. As the clinicians went by, and I waited to hear that magical word that is my name - someone else was called? strange I thought but then a 2nd lad that arrived after me was also called! I started to panic thinking that my details had been mis-laid or even worse had fallen behind something & was lost ! I decided to wait it out & try not to let this add to my already worried state of mind. It was then that I could appreciate how nice the clinic was, and that this was a place I would definitely come back to for future check-ups. I saw lots of reading material, but I knew I wouldn't be able to concentrate enough to read.

I waited a few more hours (well minutes in reality by like I said earlier it felt like hours!) and then I heard it, the relief felt like a weight was taken off me.. there it was... my name being called!! Right then worry decided to pay me another visit as the voice calling my name was female! 

I followed the young lady, who took me into a private room & began asking me some questions about my sexual orientation & my sexual history. I felt so strange & a little uncomfortable telling this stranger about the most private parts of my private life, after all I dont really talk about my sex life to friends (I'm only 30, but I like to adopt the idea of "a gentleman never tells") but I had to drop that feeling as I was here for my own good, no matter how uncomfortable it would make me feel.

Without going into details on here, I basically explained that someone I had briefly been with had told me his last check-up results indicated he had an STI and I wanted to get the all clear.

Here's where worry came back (so hard it was like a door slamming in my face). She explained that she will take me to another floor where I will get an injection etc just to be on the safe side - and to follow her. We walked to the next floor, where she asked me to wait in another waiting room until I was called.

So here I was 40 minutes after I had arrived at the clinic in a different waiting room (equally as nice as the first) but the music on the tannoy system was much better, so that helped me to start to relax again!! Not long after, my name was called by a gentleman who had a nice smile - I guess he could see that I was worried!!

We went into another private room and I explained my situation. He explained that he was going to do swabs to check for some STI's and take blood samples for others. He also asked if I wanted a HIV test to which I agreed. Basically we were testing for everything just to be on the safe side.

I was still nervous, to the point of tears in my eyes and I was told that things are treatable and the HIV results were immediate. As we chatted I started to feel at ease, but still nervous about what the test results would show.

First up was the HIV test, just a small pin prick on the finger was required...then the results.. thankfully I was negative!! Then a swab of the mouth which is really nothing followed by a couple of blood samples. All this was whilst we were having a great chat - it was almost like chatting to a friend the rapport was that good! Then I was told the moment of glory had arrived.... a swab of the anus! I was wondering whether he or I would do it, and was then handed a swab whilst a privacy curtain was pulled between us. (Actually, even if it were him I felt comfortable enough to happily bend for him.... and actually thinking back think I was a bit disappointed he didn't...weird...). after that I was taken to the loo to provide a urine sample.

After providing the sample in the cup provided & leaving it in the little cubby hole I was told to put it in, I returned and had one more jab. Then it was time for the last 2 jabs - one on each buttock!! i was asked to lay on the bed either side ways or on my stomach. I decided to start with the one lying on my stomach and lowered my jeans and boxers so my ass was accessible but my privates were still covered. As I lay there I started to get a little horny & I was reminded of the few times I had given my ass up!!!

After one of the jabs I was asked to lie on my side. As we chatted I felt like I was modelling for an artist who was to paint me :-) it was a nice feeling!!

It was then time to leave, and I was told my results should be back in a week so to check then (I needed to come back in 7 days to have a follow-up jab in any case). We shook hands and I left feeling so much better than when I had entered!!

All in all I had a very positive experience, there really is no reason to worry about it, I realise that now! So to anyone that is debating being checked - do it. Don't think twice, don't hesitate..your health is not worth taking a risk over. Sexual health check-ups are going to be a regular part of my life now, just like my dental check-ups are. I'd rather know about my health than presume I'm good & run the risk I may not actually be as safe as I think!!

Any regrets about this experience you may ask? yeah one: the fact I haven't had one before & it took the fear of a possible STI infection from someone diagnosed to shake me out of apathy!

Londoncocksucker

Post Number: 2

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, October 07, 2011 - 12:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rigger / Graywolf / Hornymike / Engjock

thanks guys for your emails & replies, ive decided to go with the clinic in Dean street as I liked how they presented themselves on their website & the feedback given. Also because a lot of gay / bi men probably go there so what I say to them will be heard everyday.

unfortunately due to my work life I can get little time off, and the earliest I can book is for 21st Oct - not ideal but at least I know I will have a decent amount of time allocated to discuss my circumstances. As I was talking to the secretary I think she could tell I was crying a few tears of joy that I booked an appointment as she told me that's it's ok & it's not a bad experience to be checked up.

For now guys I will need to play the waiting game. I hope that I get the all clear - even for a few seconds of naughtiness (the lad was hurting before we could actually fuck, I just managed to slide into him) I hope I havnt suffered any serious consequences - from now on no matter how tempting, no rubber johnny no hardcore extra curriculur activities in the bedroom! As for my favourite past-time of giving oral, think I will wait till the test results come through and see what the professionals suggest to minimise any chance of catching anything.

Thanks again guys, your feedback has been invaluable!

engjock
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 95.150.83.199

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, October 06, 2011 - 09:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Londoncocksucker. Please don't think that what you have asked, or even what you have done is silly. It has probably happened to most of the guys on here at some time or other. In my experience - and it's not of the London clinics -they are all very discreet, they don't judge and they are extremely sympathetic. A couple of times I have passed a comment about feeling a bit silly taking their time up with something that might, or might not, be an STI and they have always said that they would rather a person comes to them with something that is not an STI than for someone not to go to them who has an STI that at the early stage is reasonably simple to treat. This also applies to HIV; even though there is no cure yet it is better diagnosed early than later.
If you are reasonably active get yourself to a clinic on a regualr basis as well for a health 'MOT'. They don't mind at all and are only too willing to test for anything and everything. Good luck with your results!

Hornymike
Username: Hornymike

Post Number: 157

Posted on Thursday, October 06, 2011 - 08:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lloyds clinic at Guys Hospital for any STD or concern anything having to do with down there as there poster says in the office the only way any one else will find out is if you tell them because we will not. Even if your under 16 no one knows

Graywolf
Username: Graywolf

Post Number: 106

Posted on Wednesday, October 05, 2011 - 09:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try a goggle search on GUM clinics it will give you a large selection, you could also check out the GMFA ( gay men fighting aids ) website there are clinics listed there. Many have walk in clinics and all are discreet, my partner tends to favour the one in Dean St Soho.

(Message edited by graywolf on October 05, 2011)
Every minute of the future, is a memory of the past. Life is Life : Laibach .

Londoncocksucker

Post Number: 1

Posted on Wednesday, October 05, 2011 - 09:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi guys - this may seem like a silly question, and I did get a bit of information online, but I wanted feedback from real people.

I need to have a sexual health check-up and never done it before. I'm not out (except to close friends) and I want to find a clinic that is gay / bisexual friendly.

Someone I played with a few weeks ago has caught an STI & I wanna make sure I have the all clear. Although I don't do anything more than suck cock and on occassion swallow, this lad was really hot and persuaded me to slide my cock in his ass for a few mins (barely that - but was unprotected - stupid I know!) and now I am worried sick I may have caught something.

I read that some places have walk-in clinics at specific times for gay / bi men and others need to be booked in advance. As I am discrete I am also a little worried of people knowing my sexuality based on the times I walk in or out of the clinic.

What's been your experiences with getting checked up? Can anyone recommend a really good & discrete clinic in London? I live in SW London but am willing to travel to central London. I really wanna get checked up ASAP, but I also don't want to rush into anything as I want to make sure I am tested for all or as many STI's as possible to be safe (if I have to book for that then so be it). I want to feel at ease with whomever is testing me so that I can comfortably tell them what sexual experiences I have had & they can assess my risks etc - this may sound like an antiquated view but I think a gay / bi doctor would be more understanding.

As said before, this seems silly but I need to be checked & I don't want to have any bad experiences as I am already a little scared & don't need the addition of un-sympathetic clinicians or looks from the public adding to my worries.

Please feel free to reply on here, or click on my username to contact me. Thanks for understand guys & keep safe!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration