Cambridgeshire Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Gaybod » Meet Men & Cruising Information » BRITAIN » ENGLAND » Cambridgeshire « Previous Next »

Cambridgeshire's Popular Cruising Places

Send pictures of your favourite Cruising area in Cambridgeshire to
admin@Gaybod.com
for future page updates

Click on the Map Co-ordinates and be taken to Google Maps and choose your routes to the site by car, public transport etc.

UK Cambridgeshire - RSBP Reserve Fen Drayton Lakes - Just off A14 between Huntingdon & Cambridge

Co-ordinates: 52.3034145,-0.0370918

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Strongrower
Username: Strongrower

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, September 28, 2019 - 05:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Rigger,

Thanks very much for this info! I'm going to try both places out. I'll let you know if the sites are still frequented.

Best,
Strongrower

Rigger
Username: Rigger

Post Number: 175

Posted on Friday, September 27, 2019 - 08:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

For Strongrower.
Welcome to the Website.

I can only name two locations in the Cambridge Area and must say I have not visited either for some time so cannot comment on their current status but with luck others may be able to and may be able to suggest other locations nearby.

(1) WORSTED LODGE
Off A11 London Bound.
Put the name into Google and click on MAPS
and the location will appear.
Have to leave the A11 in towards a filling
station (Was Texaco) and layby is where
you return onto the A11

(2) A603 Barton Road
Put SELWYN COLLEGE TENNIS COURTS into Google
and click on maps. Layby shows above the
Tennis Courts.
I am told that CCTV Operates on the Tennis Courts themselves so be aware
that they may have sight of the layby

In both cases, having got the map then use Google Street view and "drive" along the roads and through the laybys.
If you haven't used streetview before look at bottom right corner of map and see icon of a small man. Drag it up to where you want to "drive"
wait till it loads then click along to move forward - or back as you wish.
Hope that helps.
Give us some feedback if you visit please.

Strongrower
Username: Strongrower

Post Number: 1

Posted on Thursday, September 26, 2019 - 12:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I'm new to this site. I'd like to know where I can meet men for sex in or close to Cambridge. I live in Chesterton.
Thanks in advance.

Mechanic
Username: Mechanic

Post Number: 245

Posted on Tuesday, September 17, 2019 - 05:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Zed - sorry for confusion
Was a bit late at night - or early morning even.

Sadly I do not have cause to travel in that area at present so somewhat out of touch with events.
Certainly the loss of Alconbury and Wansford was a bit of a blow.
Often wonder how the Truckers have regrouped!!

Zed
Username: Zed

Post Number: 21

Posted on Tuesday, September 17, 2019 - 01:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It was on those two lay-bys that I was commenting in my latest note, Mechanic. If I knew when you were visiting I could perhaps arrange to be there at a similar time?
Zed

Mechanic

Post Number: 244

Posted on Tuesday, September 17, 2019 - 12:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Zed
Have you visited the two laybys on the A1 a few miles north of Wansford.
See details in my message below 12 Jan 2019.

If you have do post some comments.

Zed

Post Number: 18

Posted on Tuesday, September 17, 2019 - 12:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We are grateful to Mechanic for mentioning these two lay-bys in his Jan & April bulletins. I have never had any luck in either of them myself, though I call not infrequently. The closure of Wansford, nor Alconbury, has not improved my duck-all score rate at these. It might be the times of day that I call, but that is unlikely. Do not scoff about my inability to score! There are several lay-bys like these where I have a similar score rate. There are several other lay-bys where I can score several times over from late morning until gone midnight, depending on when I stop by. I might tell you which ones some other time. None are in Cambridgeshire.

Mechanic

Post Number: 234

Posted on Tuesday, April 16, 2019 - 11:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wansford Picnic area - Update 17 Apr 2019

The Picnic area remains officially closed but visitors say that at times cones blocking it off are to one side and they are entering the site
although signs exist saying that the Picnic Site is closed.

The access road is however only open for about two hundred yards then closed with large concrete blocks.

Cars and small vans are able to enter and turn but those that have visited say that
access for HGVs is almost impossible as there is no turning point once in through the entrance.

Mechanic

Post Number: 220

Posted on Saturday, January 12, 2019 - 10:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Update on Wansford at January 2019

The very popular cruising spot at Wansford is now closed as work gets underway to amend the junction of the A47/A1.
Guys are now cruising in two laybys about ten minutes drive north of Wansford on the A1 and many of the trucks who parked overnight at Wansford seem to be using those laybys as well.
Both are large laybys well back off the A1 and divided from the A1 with trees and bushes.
Northbound layby is marked as A! Truck Cafe on Google maps
Southbound is marked as Suzie's Diner on Google maps.
To search on Google maps ask for Stretton (Lincs) then navigate south to find the laybys.
Use streetview to do a more accurate picture.
Good luck. Have read reports elsewhere that it is proving a good alternative to Wansford although parking at night not always easy because of the large numbers of trucks there.

Rimmer
Username: Rimmer

Post Number: 24

Posted on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 11:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for that Zed and thanks for directing me to our coastal friends. Yes living on the West Country peninsular give me access to two different coastal lines, one in the north and one in the south. So naturally all things Marine are of interest to me. In fact, having a Marine barracks only a mile away gives me plenty of opportunity to observe and occasionally mingle. Always good for a shag. Woops! sorry I digress.

Of course the iconic Shag always springs to mind and can be spotted all over the West Country on the beaches, on the cliffs and even on the camp sites during the summer when the whole area is over-run with the Common Emmits and Grockles.
The Emmets and Grockles seem to be peculiar to the West Country and it is hard for the inexperienced observer to tell them apart. I will not bore you with the finite details of the distinction here as it is more of a hands-on sort of thing rather than the habits that can be quite gross.
As Zed said the Chough or Pyrrhocorax as we know it (pronounced Chuff) springs to mind as a West Country species but in fact is quite rare and seems to stay in West Cornwall and West Wales to a great extent, thank goodness. It has a distinct red pecker. Whether that has anything to do with the shag I am not sure.
As far as I know the Cough did not give rise to the often used colloquial expressions "really chuffed", "chuffed to bits" and "chuffed to death" I certainly hope not anyway.

Another species associated with the West Country is of course the Puffin or Horned Puffin (Fratercula Corniculata) whether that's because they burrow into holes I'm not really sure. Again quite rare and seen occasionally on Lundy Island (also quite wrongly called Puffin Island) Since Lundy is far out in the Bristol Channel they do not get much attention and very little passing trade except for seamen of course. And from what I know of seamen its a quickie anyway.
I can resist everything except temptation.

Zed

Post Number: 14

Posted on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 01:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you Rigger, Rimmer and Vulcanite for your thoughts and advice.
Iíve always been more of a coastal man myself. My observation and study list ought to be more varied, I know. I have long fancied being under a tall Cliff to admire the chough. No chance of that, much beyond Devon & Cornwall. Rimmer, you may be better placed to advise Ė do you get more chough in your part of the world? And there is nothing like getting plenty of puffin. Rimmer, I think you get plenty, donít you?
The proposed site may well have a roost of cormorants. It is within their resident area. The cormorant, though, is so easily mistaken by the non-expert, especially at a distance, for a shag. You three will of course know the distinction. Itís that little up-turn, sort of curve, up and back, almost like a barb shape, behind the head, that does it. Iím still researching whether that is unique to the cock shag but Iím unlikely to see any shag at all at the proposed field-research location, it being too far up the estuary for a shag Ė and no Cliffs. You see the problem, now? Itís a little far inland. You now realise that sea-birds are my favourites.
Speaking of sexual dimorphism, the Trucker. Like the ordinary cormorant and the rarer, slightly smaller, more maritime (well, coastal, at least), shag the various sub-species of the Trucker genus are easily confused.
Of course, all members of the Trucker genus travel with their own roost. They are accomplished migrants, seemingly able to navigate for long distances unaccompanied. We know this is not achieved by stars or other physical external phenomena but by some facility internal to the roost that seems to rely on a symbiotic link to other creatures in geo-stationary orbit. Little is known of how these devices function but the genus seems better equipped than several others. It is these few features that serve to distinguish the Trucker from the genus Vanman and its various, indeed, more abundant, species and sub-species. Space prevents a more detailed analysis of that genus Ė unless any reader wants more of this guano.
The Hairy Arsed Trucker Top is really very rare. I doubt Iíve seen more than a dozen in years of twitching. The plumage, almost furry. The skin quality, very rough, almost scaly, adorned with unusual colours and patterns beneath the plumage. Often less trim than smaller sub-species, the belly seems almost to hang in a less aerodynamic way than other species. In flight, the legs are rarely drawn right up, either. The call is almost a primaeval grunt in comparison with that of other sub-species, in which it is more subtle, almost conversational, in tone. I will, of course, be subject to correction by more experienced observers, Rimmer, but the Hairy Arsed Trucker Top cock (in addition to the obvious feature suggested by the name) I thought lacked the defensive ability to alter the plumage to the frillier plumage of the hen. That adaptation is common in several other species, as I understand it from other observers, who tell me as below.
And so we come to the shaved trans-Trucker slag species. This species is highly adapted to its environment. The plumage is much silkier, though it can occasionally feel like cheap nylon, and sometimes borrowed, like a hermit crab borrows a shell. It lacks the furriness of the above species, though, but can become almost bristly if the individual has not had a recent preening opportunity. The breast is often covered by the plumage and is sometimes a little puffed up, almost padded, as if to deter predators by increasing the size of the individual when under threat, unlike the HA T Top species. It is said, by the way, that the preening gland in this sub-species can exude a scent that has been compared to a French tartís parlour Ė but what would I know? What does seem to be worthy of further research is whether that scent or some other feature seems to mean (more research into whether there is a correlation, in addition to whether there is a causative factor) that where the shaved Trucker slag species is present one very rarely gets a shag. Perhaps itís the lack of fresh air. I find the species of less interest amongst the genus, as a general rule, but then itís the same with roses Ė there are rare exceptions but the ones where you canít see the prick coming arenít quite so attractive. I expect there are many Gaybod users who enjoy observation of this species at close quarters rather more than I do. It is so often a matter of taste. Perhaps they would, in the interests of scientific advancement, share their notes?
There is so much more to be said on the several genus and species to be found on these various reserves and of their habitat preservation (and several Gaybod folk have recently expressed concern on that point). I must leave that to a further research paper or two Ė again, unless other Gaybod users have notes to share on, for example, the Vanman genus which contains species like the Common White and the Oh-so-much-camper-van, the Vanman (brand) with his distinctive cry ďWe canít go in there, itís full oí stuff, mateĒ.
I still have several questions. Is the hide here available for general use or do I need to establish my credentials with the site owners?
The cormorant appears to be on their list of resident species but if I do get a shag, should I tell them, for survey/research purposes? If so, how? Or if I write it up for Gaybod will that be sufficient notice to the scientific community? Do let me know Ė thereís plenty more guano where this came from.

Oh, just a quick note on Vulcan giganticus. Iíve only seen one at close quarters once and that was when they were under threat. I saw the beak end, but mostly the under-belly. I was just pedalling across what turned out to be its runway when there was quite a lot of noise and one came hurtling at me, from my right. It took off just in time for a detailed observation of the under-belly. I am sorry but I had no camera with me and concentrated on the pedalling rather than making a detailed sketch, so have little more to share on this particular species. I havenít really gone looking for it since.
Zed

vulcanite
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 86.179.108.161

Posted on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 05:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Correct Rimmer.
Vulcan Giganticus now resides in a hanger at Doncaster Robin Hood Airport - and the road alongside the aforementioned Airport (off the A614 just north of Bawtry) is a quite active cruising area with quite a variety of Guys visiting however much publicity in National Press a couple of weeks back for its night-time dogging activities.
A place for extreme discretion however as the Airport is quite busy and the road mentioned is very much the 'home' of local aircraft spotters and their families and there are occasional conflicts between them and indiscrete Guys and Couples.
As standard for Airports, Police and Airport Security patrols regularly visit the road.

Re the Vulcan itself - The Preservation Trust now out of cash, the Vulcan itself too old to fly again and now stored awaiting possible setting up as part of a Museum.

Rimmer
Username: Rimmer

Post Number: 23

Posted on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 11:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Zed,
You would be very surprised where the Greater Hairy Arsed trucker can get. I have observed them in many parts of the country but I must admit they are much rarer now than they used to be. Again I think this is due to the on-going loss of habitat that is affecting many akin species. Mind, the Hairy Arsed Truck can be a very crafty bird as I've sometimes seen them temporally adopting the hen's more frilly plumage in order to attract mates.

I expect they will be driven to extinction just like the Vulcan Giganticus that used to nest on near-by Alconbury airfield back in the sixties and seventies. As a matter of interest I believe the last Vulcan Giganticus was last spotted roosting near Doncaster of all places.
I can resist everything except temptation.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration