1. The Boilerhouse Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Gaybod » Saunas » Europe » Ireland (Éire) » Dublin » 1. The Boilerhouse « Previous Next »

Please post your comments in a polite and courteous manner.
Messages which contain personal and abusive remarks are not acceptable.

All information and opinion is that of the writer only and cannot be verified.

The Boilerhouse:
12 Crane Lane, Dublin 2, D02 DR72
Tel: 00353 16773130

www.the-boilerhouse.com/

Boilerhouse Dublin

Opening Hours · MONDAY TO THURSDAY: 12.00 to 06.00 FRIDAY @ 12.00 AND CLOSING MONDAY @ 06.00
Co-ordinates 53.34463 -6.26690

FACILITIES: Sauna, Steam Room, Jacuzzi, Sling, Cabins & Massage

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Saunareviewer
Username: Saunareviewer

Post Number: 18

Rating: 
Votes: 2 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 12:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Facilities: 3.5/5 A large sauna spread over 4 floors. The cafe & lockers are located on the ground floor with the wet areas, toilets & more lockers on the second floor. The upper floors are dedicated to private rooms & cruise areas. The jacuzzi is pleasantly situated to watch the cruisers pass by with chill out music playing softly. Next to this is the steam room which has a dark area further back inside. Lots of action occurs in here. The sauna is a decent size.

The place has an overall cavern like interior feeling, but whilst its large it certainly isn't huge.

Staff: 4/5 Pretty friendly, keep their distance from tourists. Will talk to the regulars.

Clientele: 4/5 Mixed demographics of ethnicity with a lot of tourists & business types coming in. Age wise it leans towards the older spectrum but their are significant numbers of younger guys. Authentic Irish guys are perhaps only just the majority, Dublin like London has lots of resident full time foreigners.

Their is a good balance between conversation & cruising. Alpha male adonis's exist but in limited numbers.

Overall: 4/5 This is the only major sauna in Ireland. Guys travel here from Cork on Bus Eireann for the day. Consequently it has no serious competition or impetus to be better. Whilst its the 'destination' sauna for Ireland & a solid, decent sauna overall its nothing amazing. €22 entrance is a little steep, the €55 3 visit multipass offers better value for money but only if you plan to use it.

If you are visiting Dublin then I do recommend a visit. It's central location is convenient & the people are pleasant. It won't compare to some of the saunas in continental Europe or even the best couple in the UK but hits the right note in enough areas.

I've visited several times during my trips to Dublin in 2015-16 & always had a pleasant experience.

WARNING: The dark area of the steam room has an exposed hot pipe running along the wall opposite the entrance door at ankle/lower calf level. When it gets crowded inside with action its possible to burn yourself trying to squeeze past. Being dark its impossible to be aware its there as I painfully discovered. Health & Safety in Ireland is not on a par with British standards in my opinion. -1pt otherwise facilities would be 4.5/5.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration