Shaw, Oldham - Pennine Sauna Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Gaybod » Saunas » Britain » England » North West » Shaw, Oldham - Pennine Sauna « Previous Next »

Please post your comments in a polite and courteous manner.
Messages which contain personal and abusive remarks are not acceptable.

All information and opinion is that of the writer only and cannot be verified.

If you experience problems or have complaint when visiting any venue ensure that these are brought to the attention of the Management at the time or immediately afterwards.

Gaybod is not a platform for anonymous complaint

Finally - when you do visit a Sauna say you saw it previewed on Gaybod

Click on the Map Co-ordinates to be taken to Google Maps and choose your route to the site by car, public transport etc.

Pennine Sauna:
96 Rochdale Rd, Shaw, Oldham OL2 7SB
Tel: 01706 842000

Opening Hours · Saturday->Monday & Wednesday 12:00-20:00 - GO EARLY
Co-ordinates 53.579333 -2.098250

FACILITIES: Sauna, Steam Room, Darkroom, Lounge/Dining Room, Massage Room.

LOCATION: MetroLink Tram - Shaw and Crompton Stop - 10 minutes walk, Buses pass close-by, Free Parking in Adjacent Streets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nw6bear
Username: Nw6bear

Post Number: 82

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 06:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

UPDATE

Back at Pennine a couple of weeks ago, this time on a Wednesday. It was very busy with the usual crowd of older
men and a few young ones. This place never ceases to amaze me in it's friendliness and the fantastic sex you can
have there. I know it is a bit basic with limited facilities, but it never seems to matter as I aleays have a GREAT time.

UPDATE Posted on Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 10:00 am:

I was up in Manchester last weekend and visited the Pennine on Monday arriving at noon with a few sauna addicts
already busy! The sauna that day was not as packed as usual. Nevertheless I had a great time, finishing off the sex
with a delicious plate of gammon, eggs and chips.

I always find the owner, John, very friendly as are most of the “punters”. How they have managed to keep the entry
at £10 is a miracle in this time of rising utility costs, when every other sauna I know has been raising prices.

I was told that Mondays can be busy, but a Wednesday is a better bet for higher numbers. I shall try to remember
that for next time.

UPDATE Posted on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 07:34 pm:

This sauna is a MUST if you are mature or “matures” are your thing.

The facilities are pretty basic with a sauna, steam room, one rest/massage room, communal, showers together
with a couple of darkrooms with beds and benches. You can have drinks, snacks and home cooked meals in the
TV/Restroom.

The sauna is extremely friendly and everyone is made welcome. Sex goes on all-over the place apart from main
lounge area. Due to the lack of private rooms, much of the it group sex.

It is quite important that you get there early. The place officially opens on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday &
Saturday at 12am, but you can usually get in soon after 11am. The action starts very quickly and by 3:30pm
most of the “punters” have gone apart from weekends, when I gather that people can arrive a bit later.

There is parking in a neighbouring street or in the Glebe Street/Bowler Street Car Park about 5 minutes walk
away or you can take the Metrolink from Manchester to the Shaw and Crompton stop and then take the 23,
408 or 435 bus to the stop just past Cromer Street.

As an older man, this is one of my favourite saunas in the UK.

Ncfs
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 94.175.135.114

Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 10:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What's on on Wednesdays?

Ncfs - The Pennine doesn't arrange special events like some other saunas (Naked Days, Bears Days etc).
Wednesday is supposed to the be best day (the most guys there)

(Message edited by ukbear on March 14, 2017)

Young+hung
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 89.240.29.59

Posted on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 02:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I know how stupid this sounds but I've tried going a couple times. Couldn't figure how to get in? Think I'd need someone to show me around haha

Hi "Young+hung - the entrance is in Cromer Street (there is a Dry Cleaners on the corner). You will see some double gates, walk across the yard and ring the bell and then go up the stairs to pay. You don't need anyone to go with you, the place is very friendly

(Message edited by ukbear on December 21, 2016)

Tom Morley
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 2.103.54.139

Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 03:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am a married mature bottom and I love sucking cock and being fucked this is really great place for both.

Dawid
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 89.240.226.213

Posted on Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 03:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes. I was on Saturday. I spent nice time. Although I would have preferred more bigger and hairyer guys. I was there the first time and the youngest of all, so used up a lot of condoms and calories :-)

Lancashire_guy
Username: Lancashire_guy

Post Number: 2

Posted on Sunday, January 03, 2016 - 09:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey David hope you enjoyed it at the sauna if you went, I am only young myself being 19 but love older guys so go when i can and enjoy my self every time hope to see you there maybe one day.

Nw6bear

Post Number: 48

Posted on Monday, October 19, 2015 - 12:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am sure that any of the other saunas you mention will do just as well. It just depends on the type/age you are looking for.

Read the reviews on the other places to see if they appeal to you more.

ste
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 89.170.12.93

Posted on Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 11:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks! Was thinking maybe Plastic Ivy, or Northwich...

Nw6bear

Post Number: 47

Posted on Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 11:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi again "ste". It doesn't really matter which Sauna you go to as all of them either give you a condom or you can ask or get them from dispensers.

A sauna is just the same as any other cruising area where a group of guys get together. Some don't want to protect themselves or have a selfish view towards others. I am basically saying that it is your responsibility to protect yourself and just make sure that if being penetrated, that the other guy is using.

I have noticed that in recent years there are a growing crowd of guys who prefer to bareback, presumably with the view that the "cocktail" is a cure for AIDS rather than a medicine which prolongs the life of a person who has the disease.

Ste
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 89.170.12.93

Posted on Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 10:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Nw6bear, to be honest I'll be mobile and able to travel within reason (I have a car and all day to myself) ;-)
Do you recommend any other places instead of this one for someone in my situation or is Pennine sauna the best bet?

Nw6bear

Post Number: 46

Posted on Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 10:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi "Ste" - yes condoms are available, you just ask for them at the reception. Some people at this Sauna do practice unsafe sex. So if you are acting in a passive role make sure the other guy is wearing if you are going to be penetrated. One of the reasons for unsafexsex at this place may be that most of the guys know each other, but this isn't really an excuse! Better to be save than sorry.

I am sure you will enjoy yourself at this Sauna which is very friendly.

Lancashire_guy
Username: Lancashire_guy

Post Number: 1

Rating: 
Votes: 2 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 03:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello everyone I have been to this sauna today and was very happy with it, I've never been to a sauna before but heard about this one and thought I would give it ago. Easy enough to find there is a huge sign that says sauna with some arrows to where it is , once there I paid the £10 and was given a locker key and a towel and the man on the desk showed me briefly where saunas a locker room was. Be warned it is an older crowd here so if that's not what your into then I would probably say it's not for you. I had a great time in the saunas walked in on more or less an orgy going on and was seen to right away was given a few guys cum to drink which was lovely and give them some back, overall it was a great day and well worth the trip out.

Ukbear
Username: Ukbear

Post Number: 72

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, November 26, 2014 - 10:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Twink4oldr

The facilities are as listed above but fairly basic. The clientele are predominantly older men - ranging from 40 upwards with a few younger men who are into the mature. There are very few private rooms, so most of the action is orgistic. It is a very friendly place and if you have the time you can have a great reasonably priced home cooked meal.

It is well worth a visit if you are into older men, but it is also best to get there early, around noon if possible, as there is usually no one there after about 16:30

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration