Leeds - Steam Complex NOW IN NEW LOCA... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Gaybod » Saunas » Britain » England » North & North East » Leeds - Steam Complex NOW IN NEW LOCATION.. « Previous Next »

Please post your comments in a polite and courteous manner.
Messages which contain personal and abusive remarks are not acceptable.

All information and opinion is that of the writer only and cannot be verified.

If you experience problems or have complaint when visiting any venue ensure that these are brought to the attention of the Management at the time or immediately afterwards.

Gaybod is not a platform for anonymous complaint

Finally - when you do visit a Sauna say you saw it previewed on Gaybod

Click on the Map Co-ordinates to be taken to Google Maps and choose your route to the site by car, public transport etc.

Steam Complex
Ledgard Way, Armley, Leeds LS12 2ND
Tel: 0113 279 8885

www.steamcomplex.com/

OPENING HOURS Monday->Saturday 10:00-19:00 Sunday 10:00-15:00 PANDORA SWINGER CLUB Later
Co-ordinates 53.79905 -1.5858000

FACILITIES: Sauna, Swimming Pool, Jacuzzi, Adult Cinema Rooms, Lounge TV/DVD, Rest Rooms, Cafe Bar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Phoenixnites
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 62.210.116.201

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, January 23, 2019 - 08:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well i dont know how this place can be xalled steam vomplex when it doesnt have a steam room ???
Free buffet today at bears day....mmm. hot dog n chips... how's tgat a buffet. Bears day? 15 people in. No one under 50. And me and one other a bear.... first time visted since the previous building burnt down. I won't be back. Rude staff. Felt like an oap social round the bar.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Saunareviewer
Username: Saunareviewer

Post Number: 26

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 11:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Note: This is a gay sauna during the daytime & a swingers club in the evening. It is therefore a shared venue (never overlapping) which explains why the layout is a bit different to a typical dedicated 'gay' venue.

Facilities: 4/5 Includes a decent sized swimming pool & a small jacuzzi plus a sauna box but there is no steam room. This place is fairly large & spread over three floors although it has a very strange layout. A dance floor & extensive sofa seating areas plus a large bar greet you past the front entrance. First timers won't find the locker rooms (yes plural) without being directed to them.

The private rooms upstairs are extremely varied & all are a large size. There is a strong element of voyeurism in the architecture as most have windows (with privacy blinds) & one has a glass floor that overlooks the corridor below for total exposure. There is a large torture chamber, & doorless cubicles with vertical mattresses that I'm too innocent to know the purpose of.

Staff: 5/5 Old faces have reappeared from the previous establishment. They are polite & friendly but could be a bit more proactive with new members regarding the location of the changing rooms & putting fresh towels out in the shower areas.

Clientele: 4/5 This place has resumed the friendly atmosphere of its previous location without missing a beat. Familiar faces were back along with new ones. The demographic mix remained with a mainly older clientele sprinkled with a few youngsters. Predominantly white sprinkled with the odd south & east Asians.

Overall: 4/5 Close to the original site & picking up where they left off the new venue makes the most of the situation & succeeds. Aside from the lack of a steam room the sauna box was in need of some maintenance. The tiles are extremely slippery when wet in the shower area and around the poolside. Also three showers might be enough for swingers nights but aren't cutting it during peak periods in the 'gaytime'.

The jacuzzi was cold and a draft of cold air blowing over the surface from the propped open door to the bar area didn't help. Oddly the swimming pool felt warmer, both were in regular use by guys. They seemed to fluctuate in temperature throughout my stay (5hrs) but this could be my body. An extremely large window divides the bar area from the wet areas which is a nice viewing touch as you don't ever feel isolated.

This facility is a shared venue which is described as 'phase one' with the gay period being in the daytime from 10am-7pm. Does this mean that a takeover is planed or a separate future gay sauna? I don't know. Parking is available outside by the car wash which was mostly blocked with car cones but if you progress around to the far side a number of spaces were still available. You will have to walk past the very busy car wash as its obviously in business in the daytime, some other closeted clients found this a little intimidating.

A worthwhile visit for those in the greater Leeds area but as a 'destination' sauna I'm firmly on the fence this time. I'm very fond of this place, perhaps don't go to far out of your way to pay a visit but do place it on your agenda sometime.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration