Leeds - The Base (aka Basement Comple... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Gaybod » Saunas » Britain » England » North & North East » Leeds - The Base (aka Basement Complex) « Previous Next »

Please post your comments in a polite and courteous manner.
Messages which contain personal and abusive remarks are not acceptable.

All information and opinion is that of the writer only and cannot be verified.

If you experience problems or have complaint when visiting any venue ensure that these are brought to the attention of the Management at the time or immediately afterwards.

Gaybod is not a platform for anonymous complaint

Finally - when you do visit a Sauna say you saw it previewed on Gaybod

Click on the Map Co-ordinates to be taken to Google Maps and choose your route to the site by car, public transport etc.

Base (Previously known as Basement Complex)
7 Heatons Court, Leeds, LS1 4LJ
Tel: 0113 242 7730

http://www.base-leeds.com

Opening Hours Daily 24 hours
Co-ordinates 53.794694 -1.542944

FACILITIES: Sauna. Steam Room, 2 Spa Pools, Lounge TV/DVD, Rest Rooms, Cafe.

LOCATION: Leeds Station 10 minute walk, Buses Close-by, Trinity Multi-Storey Car Park (expensive) 7 minute walk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Saunareviewer
Username: Saunareviewer

Post Number: 9

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, October 31, 2016 - 04:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Facilties: 2/5 Clean but nothing exciting I'd, say medium-small in size.. Their is a tiny jacuzzi. The steam room is pleasant & a decent size along with a typical sauna. Nestled right under the train station you frequently hear & feel the rumble of the trains overhead. Good location for non car users.

Staff: */* I can recall nothing good or bad about them. Likely changes frequently due to 24hrs opening times.

Clientele: 2/5 This is a sex/cruise sauna, you don't come here to relax & chat on a day off. On my 1st visit on a Saturday night around 22:00-03:00 in winter this place was all but deserted until 2am when it became packed out from the nightclubs. Plenty of younger guys were in & they wanted sex.

On my 2nd visit during a weekday shopping trip to central Leeds this place was again deserted in the afternoon. I left around 17:00 & a few commuters were coming in.

Overall: 2/5 I think this place fluctuates widely in terms of business. Likely the evening rush hour commute & late on party nights (early morning hours). At other times the facilities really aren't exciting enough to stick around.

Since the destruction of Steam Complex at Armley this is now the only game in town. If you are restricted to Leeds then I'm going to give a neutral recommendation on this place. Aim to visit when it's busy & you might find it worthwhile. It just wasn't for me. I'm not going to bother returning as I can park for free & better saunas else where. My visits were in 2011 & 2015.

Engjock
Username: Engjock

Post Number: 41

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, October 12, 2014 - 09:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was in Leeds yesterday evening with a bit of time on my hands. As I wasn't in my car, and feeling horny, I decided to visit the Basement Sauna. I really wish that I hadn't bothered.
19 is a lot to pay for a start, even for a Saturday night. Admittedly it is very clean and the towels are good, but it is still a hell of a lot. When the number of people at any one time can be counted on the fingers of one hand, and at one stage the fingers of one finger - i.e. me and nobody else - coupled with the fact that one of the five was fast asleep in a room, two others who seemed to be looking for Mr Perfect Dream Man, I can think of better ways to waste money.
I did get a fuck, but for all the guy's response I might have been using my dildo instead - it would have been cheaper!
I left at about midnight when there were two guys there. Somebody else came in as I was getting dressed and asked if it was busy. He looked decidedly pissed off when I told him.
On my way out I asked the one person on the door if it ever got busier and he said that it could sometimes - at 2am to 3am!
I think that I'll definitely stick to Steam or Plastic Ivy in future.

Lowrisejoe
Username: Lowrisejoe

Post Number: 6

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, September 25, 2012 - 01:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Best sauna in Leeds is Basement, right in city centre, open 24 hours. Had some great all-night fun.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration