Gaybod » USING THIS SITE » CHARITABLE DONATIONS « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Admin
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 99

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, June 28, 2016 - 05:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Suggestion received by email

Just wanted to put forward a charity for consideration.....

Schools OUT UK is the charity behind LGBT History Month, which does a lot of work across the UK in getting our communities noticed and combatting prejudice in schools, colleges and the communities.

The main site for LGBT History Month is www.lgbthistorymonth.org.uk with
Schools OUT being www.schools-out.org.uk and their other sub set is www.the-classroom.org.uk which provides links and lesson plans for work across the curriculum for teachers and youth workers.
There is also a magazine at www.lgbthistorymonth.co.uk

All the staff are volunteers.

Mechanic
Username: Mechanic

Post Number: 209

Posted on Monday, June 27, 2016 - 11:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Terrence Higgins Trust is a Charitable Organisation which focuses on prevention/support with relation to Aids and HIV.
Often seen in some of the more used Cruising areas offering advice and free testing.
Check their own website for full details of their activities.
They may be worth considering as worthy of Support.

Zed
Username: Zed

Post Number: 5

Posted on Monday, June 27, 2016 - 02:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.akt.org.uk
Like a great many others I'm not as familiar with the Albert Kennedy Trust as I ought to be.
I first heard of it not long after it was founded in 1989.
I don't know what it gets by way of funding from elsewhere (I think some Local Authorities give it a grant) but I don't recall seeing appeals for donations through LGBT groups.
Several writers on this site tell us of their happy, safe, well-sorted and free youth (though it wasn't always idyllic, I'm sure).
The AKT works hard to ensure that LGBT young people and young adults have a friend and/or a suitable LGBT positive couple to go to when parents and society reject them (or worse) and when that harm needs repairing.
If Gaybod is thinking of linking to a charity, please consider the AKT.
Albert Kennedy needed a pair of friendly arms to run into, an LGBT couple, away from homophobic parental rejection and victimisation by his peers.
He should never have had to run as he did - chased by some youths in a car off the top of a car park. The AKT works to provide solutions to LGBT youngsters.
Albert Kennedy's story is told only in part on the website, there used to be a fuller version there.
Zed

Admin
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 95

Posted on Sunday, June 26, 2016 - 05:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Your suggestions please

We would be interested for your views relating to support of LGBT Charities.
There are several, some National and some Regional.
If you are acquainted with a particular LGBT charity you may like to suggest it as worthy of support.
If you are not acquainted with any such charity you may like to use a web search on (say) Google or Yahoo with "LGBT Charities" as the search topic and browse the listings.

Please let us have your suggestions in a response to this message or, if you prefer, by email to admin@gaybod.com - putting LGBT Charities in the subject box.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration