Rate Post Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ted_gay
Username: Ted_gay

Post Number: 189

Rating: 
Votes: 2

Posted on Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 12:04 am:   

When the glory-holes were there in public toilets we made use of them. Whoever made them were vandalizing the toilets, similar with graffiti, which also seems to have died out. However glory-holes were a danger for minors. I'd cover the hole with paper if a child came in the next cubicle, and I'm sure many others would do the same. However I don't see the point in encouraging people to create glory-holes when the authorities now cover them up almost immediately, and the whole culture has died out anyway. At the Clapham Junction portaloo years ago someone was very noisily making one (there were about 4 altogether between the cubicles) and he said: 'Could someone keep a look-out? I'm doing this for everyone's benefit'. Since video arcade booths have never existed in UK that is not likely to be a way of re-introducing the culture, especially if it would mean the adult book store wouldn't even get a license if it encouraged this sort of thing. Glory-holes in gay clubs/saunas are seldom used I find, and rather defeat the object of attracting straight/married guys, maybe if you're lucky even policemen, security guards, soldiers making use of them. An enterprising gay club could perhaps provide a cottage open to the public on its exterior wall and charge say a 1 entrance fee to the cottage (not to the club itself), and there could be purposely designed glory-holes in the cottage, but it would run into trouble with the law if minors were allowed to use it. I personally would fear to use public glory-holes nowadays with all the knife crime about. It doesn't bear thinking about what could happen if you were led on by a straight homophobic guy with a knife! Probably we are best being content with our memories or utilizing the few glory-holes in the saunas/gay clubs.

(Message edited by Ted_Gay on May 30, 2017)

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration