Rate Post Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Earl_george
Username: Earl_george

Post Number: 1

Rating: 
Votes: 1

Posted on Monday, December 18, 2017 - 11:13 pm:   

I used to visit this sauna when it was known has ' Bronx' it had its faults and needed major investment but it seemed more friendly then. For the last ten years it struggled to stay afloat hence little was done to upgrade it the building was originally a pub - Norfolk Arms. It was no surprise the sauna was put up for sale I was expecting to hear next that sauna was turned into something else given its run down state. However the new owner was a sauna owner from Brighton who was going to transform it from near dereliction to a top end sauna so was pleased to hear the news. I have been twice to the rebranded sauna yes their has been improvements the work has been done while keeping the sauna open which surprised me given the state it was in and been charged 14 to admire the work in progress it really felt like cruising on a building site . I get the idea in keeping it open but closing for a while to get basics done would have given a better impression . I agree with the showers been in the wrong place they are in the same place when the sauna was Bronx I get the feeling their are no plans to move them given how the down stairs layout is now I can't see were they could go? . I think the entry price is too high for the area unless you can get their for ten in the morning to get the cheaper rate not everyone can so end up paying a lot more simply for going later the early bird price is eight pounds then raises to fourteen pounds quite a hike most saunas it's only a couple of pounds. I went on a Saturday the place was dead it should be busy. I do like the place it is the nearest to me would like to support it but needs tweaking in places. I read online that Sheffield could be getting a new sauna has part of a planned gay quarter at Moor foot if it happens and opens it would be interesting to see how this sauna fairs.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration